Chapter Twenty

Cam looked at me and I felt the color rush out of my face. I wasn’t just choosing between Ezra and Jax now…Cam’s life was now thrown into the mix. “Sophie are you okay you just turned white in the face,” he asked. “Oh she’s fine!,” a breezy voice said for me. I turned around and saw her down at the end of the hallway. She just couldn’t leave well enough alone. Cam grabbed my arm and pulled me behind him. “What do you want Witch!,” he growled. This was a whole new Cam and I kinda was liking it. 

Julianne started laughing. “I want your kind dead, its not to much to ask for,” she said. She stoped a few feet away from him. “We arent under your control anymore,” Cam said. My hand was still grasped in his and I felt it clench in anger. “I know…love, but trust me that little witch isn’t going to be able to overthrow me,” she warned him. There was more to this story than I knew. “he was able to cut the tie to you, so Im sure she can,” Cam rebutted. “Not ALL ties are gone love, my blood still runs in you veins, little of it but mine nonetheless, I will figure something out, you will either bow down to my control again or you can die,” I peeked over Cam’s shoulder. “Time’s a wasting Miss Metzger.” she said to me then in a blink of an eye she was gone. “You know her?” Cam asked incredulously. “I have something I need to tell you, can we go somewhere more private?” I asked.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“I really shouldn’t be back here,” Cam told me. “No, trust me, right now your exactly where you need to be,” I told him as we walked back into my house. I walked over to the couch and sat down and he followed. Deep breaths Sophie, I kept telling myself. You have to warn him. “Okay, so….you know Ezra the Physics Teacher?” I asked. Cam nodded. “Well…he….he’s my life mate,” I told him. His eyebrows raised up. “But you wouldn’t know that because your not in the Luna Pack,” I whispered to myself. This was beginning to grow inceasingly difficult. 

“Ezra, was approached by Julianne the other day, he was given a month deadline to annihilate the Solar Pack or she would kill me,” I told him. “I wont let that happen!” Cam said grabbing my hand. “Neither would Ezra, but that’s not the point. My Lit Teacher Mr. Kueper was drug into this by her, and she told me if Ezra didn’t kill the Solar Pack, I would have to choose which one for her to kill, Ezra or Mr. Kueper.” 

“I knew she wanted us dead, but I never expected her to make Ezra do it,” Cam said running this hand through his hair. “Why not?” I asked. “Ezra is non confrontational when it comes to violence, he always has been, The Solar and Luna pack, well there enemies, total opposites of each other with total different beliefs, we wanted to be free of Julianne and the Luna Pack did as they were told…until Julianne did something to Ezra a few years back, he stepped down from Alpha, and declared Samuel Blackstone as his Successor.” that name rang a bell, where did I know that name. Then I felt sick to my stomach. Everyone was keeping secrets from me. Blackstone was Charlee’s last name and Samuel was her older brother. “Charlee?” I asked. Cam nodded. “We wanted to tell you when we all met you, but Charlee and I, we are part of a feud that goes back way before we were born, its inherited hatred. We both decided that it was better not to tell you anything, so just in case you accepted us you wouldn’t have to choose.”

My best friend was a damn werewolf too. But then again with her sex drive and list of men  a mile long it really wasn’t that hard to grasp. It made me sad though, to know that she kept something like that from me. I had known her forever it seemed. I would have to talk to her later. 

“Back on task here, Ill dissect everything later,” I told him. He nodded. “So Ezra stepped down and Julianne lost contact with everyone for a few hundred years, she just slid into the woodwork and left us alone. Without her controlling the Luna Pack the Solar Pack was safe. We called a temporary truce, no one harmed us and we wouldn’t harm them in return. And then she came back. She stopped by a few times randomly over the years, wanting us to go and kill the other insubordinate packs, but we refused. We in the Solar Pack don’t kill just for the sake of killing, we kill when we have to and that’s IF we do, we told her this and she went crazy. Said that we were the bane of her existence and that she could take us out as easy as she made us. So when she left, we found another witch to help us break the maker ties she had on us. Something the Luna Pack never thought to do.” 

My head was spinning with all this information. Werewolves, as in more than TWO packs, witches, as in plural. It was so unreal. 

“So she broke the ties?” I asked. “He did,” Cam said. Apparently I shouldn’t judge witches off of Hocus Pocus. “Males can be witches too and…” he stopped. “What?” I asked. “it’s a story for another time,” he reassured me. 

After an hour or so more of talking, my door bell rang. I didn’t know who else it could be since Charlee, that bitch, was back home and Ezra was teaching a class. I got up from the couch and walked over to the door and opened it and there stood Jax. He was wearing his teacher clothes, also known as an impeccable dress shirt and tie and some nice brown slacks. The tie was undone and his dress shoes were replaced with more comfortable looking tennis shoes. 

“Can I come in?” he asked. I looked at Cam who was now shifting uncomfortably on the couch. “Yeah, my ex is in here though, not to make an already awkward situation more awkward,” I told Jax looking back to face him. “I know who Cam is,” he told me as he walked in the door. “I actually came here because there is some things you need to know,” he looked at me and shoved his hands in to his slack pockets. 

“Awesome more news, lets add fuel to the fire, in to the living room, please have a seat,” I said ushering him into the other room. I sat down on the recliner and Jax sat on the opposite end of the couch from Cam. “Spill,” I said finally. Jax looked uneasy. He then looked at my fireplace and threw his hand out with his palm facing the ceiling and his fingers stretched out. Fire erupted in my fireplace. I looked at the fireplace and then at Jax and then at Cam because I knew he had something to do with this. “You’re his witch?” I stammered. “There witch,” Jax corrected , “and yes. Cam told me what you said about Julianne propositioning you and Ezra..” I cut him off. “I just told him that!” I exclaimed. 

“Honey,” he said, “Witch remember, he told me telepathically.,” he explained. “Oh, right,” I shook my head. My brain was going to short out soon. Information overload. “Anyways he told me what you said and Im here to offer you protection,” he told me. “Jax, part of that was if Ezra doesn’t kill Cam and his pack, she’s going to make me pick you or Ezra to kill, I cant choose!” I exclaimed. Jax looked at me. “You wont have to I promise. My mother taught me herself, if anyone is more powerful that her its me,” he informed me. That was it. Information overload. Jax was Julianne’s son? I sat back in my recliner. 

Oh this shit was good.