Chapter Thirty Two

(AN: More DRAMMMMA! -Opal)

Chapter Thirty Two

Julianne pulled back the ranks as I ran from her. God I felt so guilty for leaving Charlee and Ezra back there but I had too. I was doing a horrible job at convincing myself this. As I ran back to the lodge I felt hot tears trail down my cheeks. 

I watched as wolves and humans alike trailed back over the border, letting out whoops and hollers as they did so. They thought they had won, and I definitely felt like I had lost. But this wasn’t a game. 

Ryder and Cam were sitting on the porch, they were putting on their shirts. I gawked at Ryder’s chiseled chest. Jesus, the man was ripped. “Where’s Charlee?” Ryder asked. I looked away. Cam hurtled himself down the stairs. “Sophie? Where’s Charlee?” he said repeating Ryder’s question. 

The front door of the lodge opened and Jax walked out. His face was pale and waxy. “She took her,” he stated. Cam looked at me. “We have to get her back,” he said panicking. Why was he panicking? It was Charlee, they hated each other. “Jax how do we get her back?” he questioned. “Without risking another melee? We sneak in right under her nose and take her back,” he said. He sat down on the lodge steps, Cam started pacing in front of me and Ryder sat down next to Jax. 

“How do we sneak in without getting caught on their land? Now that she’s controlling them again, The Solar Pack cant step into Harmony. Just like they couldn’t step foot here, essentially a chink in the border has to be broken so we can be invited over so to say.”  Cam said. He looked at Jax, demanding an answer. 

“We create a diversion. We send Sophie over. I cant go over or my mother will kill me. If Sophie can convince a Luna Pack member to cross the border, its on.” Jax said. “Wouldn’t that start another fight?” Ryder asked.  “Essentially, yes, but we just need long enough to grab Charlee. I can charm our side long enough for you guys to get back with Charlee. “Charm?” I asked. “Like what you did with the door?” 

“Not exactly, I can charm our side so that for a while the Luna Pack cant attack. They’ll be sitting ducks, long enough for the other pack members to leave.” he explained. “Wait. Leave?” Cam asked. “As in evacuate?” “Just the women and the Children, its no longer safe in Peril, ironic as that sounds, we can send them over to Union, the Hache are neutral, they’ll take them in and protect them as long as it takes to stabilize Peril.” 

Ryder started laughing. “You want to send our women and children over to a Twilight-Esque wolf pack? No one has spoken to the Hache in years!” he exclaimed. “Who are the Hache?” I asked. I was confused. I knew there were more packs but I didn’t know they were that close! Union was only 20 minutes away! 

“The Hache are Twilighters,” Cam said. “Pardon me?” I asked. Jax stood up. “They arent Twilighters, they are neutral.” Jax said. “No they are Twilighters, they arent even wolves, they are shape shifters,” Ryder said. “Shape shifters?” I questioned. Oh boy this was going way over my head. “Yeah ,they don’t just shift into wolves, well most of them do, but that’s just a preference, Ive seen a Hache girl turn into a snake and try to bite me after…” Cam trailed off, turning red. I knew how that sentence was going to end. “You probably deserved it,” I said. I turned my attention to Jax.

“Okay so we send the women and children over to the Hache, I get someone to crossover, some shit goes down and we get Charlee.” I said. Jax nodded. “When do we do this?” I asked. “Well I used a shit load of my magic tonight, I need time to refuel, so how does Halloween sound?” Jax asked. “WHAT!” both Cam and I screeched. “That’s almost a month away!” I said. Jax frowned. “Its actually like 3 weeks or something like that, and trust me. We need a well thought out plan and you need magic,” he said. He leaned up against the lodge. “Oh so your so powerful yet your batteries still have to be charged,” I scoffed. “She could have killed Charlee by then!” Cam hissed. What was his issue? It was like he cared or something. 

“She wont, she wants Sophie and the way to get Sophie is to keep Charlee alive, my mother isn’t stupid, sometimes she isn’t that smart but she’s not stupid. She’ll keep both Ezra and Charlee alive just to lure Sophie in.” Jac explained. Ryder shook his head. “This whole thing sounds shifty as hell. How did Charlee even get in Julianne’s grasp anyways? Were you going after Ezra?” he asked me. His face was neutral but I could tell he ws kind of hurt thinking that I still wanted him. 

“It was a reaction, she was choking him, I know how her touch feels, and without thinking I just moved. I was toeing the line and Charlee out of no where shifted and knocked me back. Crossing the border. I tried to get her to come back over, but I think something was wrong with her leg. She wouldn’t move from her position on the ground and she wouldn’t take my hand. I didn’t cross over but if it wasn’t for her I would have,” I said. 

Cam looked pained. Did he like her? Weird. “It was a natural reaction I promise you,” I told Ryder, I felt the need to explain and apologize and god my emotions were all over. I didn’t know this guy. 

Ryder smiled. Obviously content with my answer. “I’ll send someone over to Union to talk with Moki,” Ryder said, as he got up and walked down the lodge stairs. “You? I thought Cam was Mr. Boss man. And Moki? Whos that?” I asked. 

Ryder laughed. “You’re cute,” he said. He tousled my hair and I slapped his hand away. I groaned inwardly at the electric current I felt when my hand connected with his. “Im Cam’s Beta, I have some rank you know,” he said laughing. “And Moki is the Alpha over in Union. He’s one of the least radical Hache’s,” he said. He walked past me and I shivered. Control yourself, Sophie! I scolded myself. 

Cam yelled for Ryder to wait and then he jogged up to him leaving me alone with Jax. “Im sorry about all of this,” he said somberly. “Shit happens right?” I replied back. “Yeah, but I tried to prevent it, maybe Im not as strong as I perceived myself to be,” he said softly. I walked up to him. “We can do this, I have faith in all of us,” I told him. Actually I didn’t. That was a fat ass lie. I was afraid this was going to fall apart at the seams. 

(AN: oh hey there again! Whats up with CAM!? Anyone wanna venture a guess? Dedication in a chapie if you can guess it righhhht! -Opal)