Air on G String (pt. 1)

🎵 Air on G String - Bach 🎵

Eddy POV

I sighed as I closed my door. I just got home from a concert gig and it was terrible. I have so many shaky bows, bad intonation and memory slip.

I take off my shoes, then throw my suit to the sofa, change into a plain old shirt. It's been a long day in the concert hall and I finally got to get home and breathe.

I can't hear the audiences's applause today. I saw the conductor's disappointed face at the end of my Bach's Air on G String. I quickly come home to rest earlier.

Well, it's not only Air on G String. I performed the Chaconne too, but I guess that didn't really mess me up. The Air on G String really hit me. Today's concert was the worst performance I've ever done.

I walk to the fridge and saw a little note stuck on there. I softly get it and read.

Hey Eddy,

I made your favorite dish on the table. Eat it okay? I'll be home early. I love you.

Mom

I smiled a little. It's been 3 days since that day in the beach house and she suddenly give me a few of my favorite things. Dish, coffee. She's the only one I have now.

I put the note in my pocket, then walk to the table. There is a bowl of dumplings and noodles there.

I start to eat them, hoping that eating will give my mind an ease for a while.

I closed my eyes as I chew. Yes, the taste of Mom's cooking that I haven't tasted for a long time. A sweet, savoury taste that I almost forget.

A few years lately, I only live with her. With my older sister move out to another country, she's the only one is there every time I'm home from work.

But, because she's also have a career in fashion, we rarely talked. Every time we have a chance, we always talk about how I think music is the best, while she thought fashion is the best. We never really support each other all this time, specially since Dad left.

Drrt... Drrt...

I quickly answer that call. It was from one of the promoter he work with. "Yes?"

"Yes, Czardas, Wieniawski, Shostakovich." I said again after hearing the voice.

"Yes, that will be great. Thanks for the support." I slightly smile, then end the phone call. Click.

I cupped my head as soon as the phone call's end. Yes, I have another concert in a few days. After what happened today, will it be okay?

I checked my phone again.

I enlarge my eyes, just realize there are some notifications there. A few misscalls from the one I'm thinking all this time. Yes, it's y/n. She had been calling me during my concert this afternoon. But, what does she want after she told me that the other day? Shouldn't she left me for Brett by now?

No distractions, Eddy.

I lift my legs from the table, back to the sofa where I left my violin case. I casually take my violin to the terrace, trying to relax my mind with playing some music. Might as well practice that Bach again that I screwed.

I stroke my bow gracefully, beginning to play the Air on G String, try to make the best violin playing, like as always I do.

Even though I always be a jerk to everyone, but I didn't pretend that I'm perfectionist. I really cherish good music. I always trying to do my best. It's just that... no one can see that.

I know that I'm always focus on myself. I take my pride as a soloist, trying to be everyone's favorite, I want to make everyone impressed by my music.

But I guess... I'm not. At least not for her. And it's so hurt for my heart.

I feel a tear come out from my eye. Why do I do this in the first place? Who I do work so hard for? Isn't it to make everyone looked into music just like I did?

That one tear flows through my cheek. Why did I ended up making someone so dear to me so disappointed? Is it wrong that I want people to respect me?

TUCK!

I'm starlted when I heard a fall sound coming to my ear. After that single sound, I heard a soft cry, it seems it's coming from the outside. It's sounded close.

I put my violin in the case for a second, than quickly open the fence.

"Hueeee!" I see a little girl crying so loud there, probably a kindergarten. She cries and groaning about her injured feet. Looking from her face, she's like half japanese.

"I injured my feet!" cries that girl again.

I felt soft seeing that girl hurt. I closed my eyes, feeling the sympathy I have for her. I should help her right?

"Onii-chan! Help me!" That girl seems to realize my presence.

No distractions, Eddy.

"Uh-" My face gets soften again, but I can't feel myself. I felt I can't move from my place. A big doubt starting to get inside of me. I should really help her right? Right? But, what if I'll get hurt again?

Why are you doing something so foolish?

You are nothing after all.

"Oh my God, Chisa-chan! Why are you crying? You hurt your leg?" an adult finally appear, helping that girl.

"I fell down, Mom!" that girl called Chisa-chan cries to her. Oh, it's her Mom.

"Come on, lets wash it off," her Mom smile to her softly. Then, she looks at me. "Hey! You saw Chisa fell down, do you? Why don't you be a good man and help her, huh?! Are you cold hearted?!"

I just shut my mouth hearing that, until they have gone from my sight.

I sighed, froze at my place, still looking at where that girl fell. A regret feeling fills my heart now, conflicted with my self-doubt.

No, Eddy. You have to be a man. You have to fix things up. You want everything back to normal right? You want y/n to come back to you, right?

I quickly walk back inside, sit near my violin again and grab my phone. I scrolled with a presto speed to a certain contact there and press the dial button.

The number you're calling is currently not active...

"Come on." I dial that number again.

The number you're calling is currently not active...

I put my phone beside me with a big sigh. I put my hands behind, support my tilt body as I look at the sky with a frowned face. A breeze starts to blow, let my brown hair dance through the air.

I closed my eyes. A soft voice comes from my mouth.

"Je t'aime..."

--
To be continued :)