Bridge

You are in the middle of your orchestra practice now, where Eddy has join in for the solo part of the Sibelius Violin Concerto. Honestly, you are trying to avoid his presence and focus on your violin playing. But, sometimes you still got ticked off when the conductor mentioned his name.

Sure, he really plays with an amazing musicality, but that's not the only point of being a great musician, isn't it?

"Okay, Eddy, can we have one more run?" The conductor ask him.

"Of course, I'm sure they still need it, the last run was a little shabby, don't you think?" Eddy said with a smirk.

The conductor begans to ask each section to play separately. The first is the woodwinds section.

While there are at it, you scoffs because of Eddy's answer. How arrogant.

Brett turns his head to you. "What's wrong?"

"Hm?" You shake your head. "Ah, nothing. I just feel so annoyed about him. I really hope this concert goes fast so we don't have to practice with him anymore."

Brett chuckles. "I admit his skills are amazing though."

"Yeah, but it means nothing because he has a bad attitude, don't you think?"

Brett smiles.

"Okay, now, strings! Play your part, please!" your conversation stopped by the conductor's voice.

The whole string section plays. Your section play your part a few times because a few people messed up. Sometimes the cello, sometimes you, even Brett messed up once.

But its not bad. You always thought that its better you messed up at practice than on stage. Every musician must have messed up at least once in their life though.

After you play, the conductor constructed us to play together. You all waited for the conductor's cue, then play beautifully until the end of the piece.

After you're done, the conductor closes the practice session.

You and Brett immediately pack up and get ready to go home. You two are silent until he turn you head to you in the middle of the packing.

"Hey," you heard Brett's voice when you still packing up. "You want some bubble tea after this?"

You smile. "Sure, Brett. Thank you."

Drrt.. Drrt..
Your phone rings right after your answer. It's your Mom.

"Oh, wait," you said to Brett and answer your phone. "Hello. What's wrong, Mom?"

"Hey, (y/n)! You finished your practice right? Eddy is practicing with you too, right?"

"Yeah. So?"

"Can you go home with Eddy now? We want to talk about Matt's marriage! Your brother is getting married soon!"

"What?"

Yes, you do have a brother that already have a girlfriend, Matt. He's already work as a music composer after he graduated from his school. But you didn't really expect him to marry her this soon since he never talk about it.

You sheldom meet him at your home because he was so busy composing. He always compose music outside, to gather more inspirations easily, he said.

"Just go home with Eddy, okay! I'll explain everything when you get here!"

"But-"

Click!

Before you could answer anything, your Mom has hang up. You puffed your cheeks, feel sick about it.

Brett raised his eyebrows. "(y/n), anything wrong?"

"Hey, (y/n)! Let's go home together! Your Mom called you too, right?" Eddy suddenly approach you two before Brett got his answer.

You rolled your eyes, feel annoyed. Then sighed because you have no choice.

"I'm sorry, Brett, can we get the bubble tea next time? My mom insisted me to go home now. I'll... contact you later?" you said to Brett.

"Oh...," said Brett with a deadpan face. "....Okay?"

"Okay that's enough. We're going now." Eddy cut off the conversation and grab your hand agressively. He looks at Brett with a smirk. "By the way, in case you didn't notice, you're quite good at creating overtones, aren't you?"

Brett didn't move an inch when he hears that. He just look at Eddy with his deadpan face. While you are ready to scold Eddy again.

"Can we just go home, Eddy?" You said with your angry voice.

"Okay, darl. Let's go." Eddy said and pull your hand out of there.

Brett furrowed his eyebrows seeing them go, kinda feels cringe and disgust with Eddy's attitude towards you. He never met such a musician.

--

To be continued :)

I'm sorry for the short chapter. I'm still structuring this story. Hopefully I can give my best.

Note: next chapter will be Brett's POV. :)