Chapter 6

"Yuta you got a text," Coco informs you from the bedroom. You are currently in the bathroom washing up. Ever since you moved into the new house you almost can't believe how you were living before. It was practically a hovel in comparison to your new home.

"From who?" You speak a little louder over the running water. She comes to the bathroom to hand you your phone.

"I don't know," she shrugs confusedly. You rinse off the rest of your shaving cream before looking at the phone. Your eyes light up as you realize it's from your sisters. You haven't been able to talk to any of your family because they've been taking a much deserved transcontinental trip. You were invited to come along but you opted out so you could find better employment. So as it stands none of them really know about Coco and the baby. You were just going to wait until they got back home. You quickly read the text and reply to both of them.

"It's my sisters. They were wishing me a happy birthday in advance, since their next stop on the family world tour might give them trouble with making phone calls and texts," you explain.

"When will I get to see them?" Coco asks - her voice a little quieter than it was a second ago.

"Soon, they'll be back before the baby is born," you answer her as you make your way past her and into the bedroom. She slowly walks back to the room and you can smell the shift in her attitude. You stop searching for things to wear and turn your attention to her.

"Baby? What's on your mind?" You ask her. She lets out an audible sigh as she waddles her way back to the bed. She sits on the edge as she plays with the fringes on her favorite blanket.

"It's nothing. I just- I thought I would've met or spoken to your family by now," she says with a disappointed tone.

"When we started dating you told me that I had to be quiet about it," you gently remind her.

"Yeah, I know I did," she grumbles quietly. You sit down beside her and carefully grab her legs so her feet are in your lap. You start to massage them as she relaxes under your touch.

"As soon as they are back home, we will FaceTime them and you will get to know my family. Believe me, there is nothing that I want more than to introduce you to them," you smile softly as you caress her ankles gently.

"So, you're not trying to avoid telling them about me?" Her eyes are big and sad as she stares at you.

"What?! Of course not baby. I wanna scream to the rooftops about how much I love you. About how lucky I am that I found a smart, sexy and sophisticated woman that is willing to put up with me," you start playing with her toes causing a smile to spread across her face.

"If you want, I can come with you to your doctor's appointment today," you suggest as you start to tickle the inside of her foot. She tries to suppress her laughter but eventually bursts into a laughing fit as she tries to wriggle away from you.

"St- Stop. Oh my God! You're gonna make me pee. Quit it!" You finally stop as you kiss the top of her foot. "It's fine, go to work. I wanna spend some time with the girls anyway," she breathes out. You stop your tickle attack as you see her stomach move.

"Now, you've done it. The baby is awake." She slaps you in the arm and rolls her eyes in faux anger. You stick your tongue out, mocking her, as you place your head on her belly.

"Good morning, Lin. Are you feeling good today?" You feel a push near your face that makes you think you are near its feet or possibly its hands.

"Lin? What's Lin?" She asks with a raise of her eyebrow.

"Little Nakamoto. L I N. I know I'm smart," you wink at her.

"Oh yeah, the absolute smartest," she replies in a deadpan voice. "Oh before I forget. What did you want to do for your birthday?"