Chapter 2

You sit nervously in the waiting area as the meeting between HR, Taehyung Kim, Natalie and your Omega commences. You know she's capable of handling herself. She's a fighter and it's one of the many things you love about her. However, the bond the two of you share works almost too well. You can feel that she's getting more and more agitated, which isn't surprising because you are barely keeping your anger in check. The idea that Taehyung is in that room with her makes every part of your skin vibrate in anger. This "man" used his position to get what he wanted, Natalie didn't even see that she had walked into a tiger's den until it was too late. A click of the door makes your eyes shift towards the sound.

Fucking cocksucker, you think to yourself as Taehyung exits the room.

Taehyung's face is tinted red with rage. He's trying to keep it below the surface but you can feel it. Now, being completely unsuppressed you can easily notice the moods of the Alphas and Omegas around you. You stay seated as he continues his stride. You breathe in and out deeply, in the hopes it will quell your natural instincts.

It doesn't.

Taehyung stops near your chair. You move your eyes first, before moving your head to meet his gaze. You know you should put on a poker face but you really hate this guy. Undermining your girl, taking advantage of Natalie and God only knows how many more. He is the worst type of person, so whatever HR decided was his punishment still won't be enough to sate your desires. He catches your vibe before a nasty smirk crosses his face.

"And here I was thinking that frigid bitch didn't put out. I guess I wasn't young enough for her." Your blood is pumping in your ears as you quietly get up from your seat and stand directly in his face. In terms of height there is only an inch of difference between you. Him, being the taller of you two. That fact does nothing to stop your fist from balling up and flexing repeatedly and a low rumble leave your throat. You're not the type to start a fight. It's what Alphas are known for and you try your best to be more than your status. But right here and right now, you never wanted to knock somebody out as much as you do right now.

"I'm not sure who you are referring to, but maybe that person can smell an asshole a mile away and that's why they didn't put out," you growl out as more of your nature peaks through. Taehyung studies your face, before his eyes move away from your face to something behind you.

He sucks his teeth before looking back at you. "Enjoy your time here with that Omega bitch. It won't last." He narrows his dark eyes at you.

"You seem to know a lot about bitches, is that because you are one?" You cock your head to the side while raising your eyebrow.

"Mr. Kim, this way please." Taehyung attempts to move closer but security comes between you two before it can escalate further. Quickly removing him from the waiting area.

"Mr. Nakamoto, we're ready for you now." You turn to see a woman holding the door for you to enter. You quickly move to the door, passing Natalie as she exits. She smiles shyly at you as she continues walking on. As you enter the room you are immediately filled with a sense of calm in her presence. It helps quell the anger you feel inside of you. You discreetly breathe her in but are disappointed when all you get is a flowery scent.

She's wearing perfume, you think somberly. Its not that it smells bad, in fact its quite pleasant. But its still not her.

You sit in the empty seat beside her. Careful not to show any real emotion, even though you can feel how happy she is to have you next to her.

"You're keeping us busy today," the head of HR chuckles.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. However, this is something that needs to be known and I would rather it come directly from the horse's mouth," she states with confidence and honesty.