Chapter 37: Break

"You're not eating your food, (Y/N)." Maki said as she pointed to your lunch box. You were just playing around with your fork, and look at them blankly. "Well... I dunno... I guess I'm not feeling like it today..." You said, and put down the fork.

"Is it because of Macky?" Maki asked as she just look at you blankly. "You all know the reason..." You said, and lean back to your chair. "Nyeh... just cheer up! Or I'll put a happy spell on you...!" Himiko said as you nodded. "Yeah, I'll try... why is this even have to happen anyway?" You groaned, and held your head tightly.

"It's fine, (Y/N), everything would be fine... " Shuichi said with a small smile and grip on your shoulder. "Yeah, Thanks Shuichi, you were always helping me getting through these situation..." You smiles as Shuichi nodded. "Jeez, just get a room already..." Maki huffed and crossed her arms. "D-Don't say it like that..." You could sense that you've blushed a bit too, but shrugged it off, and continued with eating your lunch. 

After a heavy lunch, you went back to the classroom, and the teacher just kept yapping about homework... and obviously... the project too... Since you'll have free time tonight, so you'd rather spend that time on doing the project. After class, you decided to go to shopping to buy the needed items for the project. "I hope this would be enough..." You said as you proceed to walk with Shuichi back to your dorm, with the bag in hand. 

You both then proceed to craft the car, and glued the stuff together, and all of that. "Heh, we could be a great team, huh." You smiled as Shuichi nodded. "Yeah... I've always been..." "Hm? What'd you say?" You asked as you lift your head up to see the boy. "No, I was just... talking to myself." Shuichi excused as you nodded slightly. "O...k? Well, anyway, I guess we can work until this today!" You said as you finally finished cutting a cardboard piece. Putting down the scissor, you stretched out a bit. It has been a long day for you, and you're kinda tired. 

After bathing, you walked out of there, and for some reason, Shuichi sin't in the room anymore... "Shuichi...?" You called out as you're pretty mutely worried about him. "Ah... (Y/N)... I was just checking something..." The detective suddenly appeared behind you, and you just flinched. "Oh, Shuichi, I was getting worried, haha...!" You chuckled nervously as Shuichi smiles at you. "(Y/N)... trust me... I'd never in any kind of danger, just trust me in that!" 

You smiled weakly at the boy as Shuichi nods. After everything, you could only trusts Shuichi after all... You could only talk to him, and hang out with him without being scared of anything. Yeah, you could trust Maruchi since he's an investigator anyway... But after all, you two were pretty much strangers with each other. You could pretty trust Rantaro since he's kinda a close friend too, besides, he wouldn't kill... There's no way you could suspect Kokichi. Yeah, Kokichi you know in the Killing Game might've done it, but not this Kokichi, so you trusted him, too. 

You did your everyday route, and sat on the bed, reading a random book again. But... you could still sense that weird aura around Shuichi. Shuichi is sure sweet and all... But he still have that creepy aura around him. He looked like he could kill someone out of that, and it's pretty stressing you out. Sure, it's his business, you don't need to interfere, but you're quite uncomfortable with that.

"I'll went out for a bit... do you want to come with?" You asked as Shuichi nodded, you swear you could see some shines in his eyes, but you ignored it and put on your shoes. You and Shuichi were just pacing around the hallway, but then you noticed something. Though it's dark and all, but you were able to see it. It was blood...? There's no mistaking it! No one can see differently from that obvious pink blood...! You rushed to where the blood lead to, Shuichi wanted to stop you, but it was a little bit weird... to just stop you there, you might suspect him of something, so he decided to use words. "What is it, (Y/N)?" The detective asked as you points to the blood drop pattern. "I-I don't think that this'll be any good... so just follow where this lead us to!" You said, and rushed after the blood stains. 

There you found... Rantaro?! "R-Rantaro!!" You panicked as you kneed to the boy. His injuries isn't much, it was only some slight stab wounds. "C-Come on, talk to me, Rantaro!" You begged as the boy opened his eyes slightly. "Thank God! Well, do you have a phone? Sorry, we can't make any phone call so..." You frowned as Rantaro pointed to his pocket. You pulled out the phone, and started dialing the police and ambulance. They all came right in time, and you're happy that Rantaro is fine... You were worried about him... so much... you didn't want anyone else to die here... not on your watch. 

"So... you just found him like that when you came... are you sure you didn't see anybody else there around?" The policeman asked as you shook your head. "Yeah, when I saw him, he's already... lying there..." You said as the policeman took notes, and nodded a 'Thank you' to you, then walked away. "Everything is alright, (Y/N)?" Shuichi asked as he walks over to you. "Yeah, I'm all good... but why is everything like this? I mean... why Rantaro...?" You asked as you held on a very nervous look. 

"I just don't know what does this killer wants? Whatver or whoever they are... I'll make them pay for what they did to my friends!!" You said with an annoyed tone, and Shuichi just nodded. "What if they got their own proper reason for killing?" Shuichi suddenly asked. "Like, they were forced to? If they don't do it, then they'd get killed?" "I don't think so... but if that actually happens... then they shouldn't kill either! They could... report or something!!" You groaned and held onto your skirt tighter. 

"Don't worry, (Y/N), we'll definitely find out who this person is!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1064

4/23/2020