Chapter 13: Tears

This was supposed to be a happy day.

But why? What did Lamika do to deserve this?

Is this because of her bad luck this happens?

A doctor came out, and his face held a frown. Will this mean bad or good luck...? I really don't want Lamika to die... You asked yourself as the doctor started. "I'm sorry about your friend... she didn't make it... but the other one is fine... she's resting in the room 202." The doctor announced, you and Maruchi looked at the doctor bluntly.

"D-Did you announce Milasa about h-her yet?" You asked as he shook his head. "We didn't, because she's pretty weak right now, and we don't want her to faint again." He said, and I just nodded. "T-Thank you... I'll go see her now..." (Y/N) gave him a bitter smile, and he walked away. She looked back at Maruchi.

"How are we supposed to talk to her like this...?" Maruchi said, and you just shook your head. "Well... let's just visit her... she still need someone by her side." You said and the two boys nodded in response.

You have to use the elevator, since Lamika's... body spot is there, for the investigation. Though it's clear how she died, but the police just wanted to check if it was really an accident or not.

You came to the 2nd floor, and found the room 202 immediately. When we opened the door, Milasa jumped out of her bed, and held your hand. "Is Lamika okay? Where is she?! Which room does she stay in?!" Milasa attacked you with words, as you just looked at her sadly.

But before you could respond, a guy, who looks like an investigator, entered the room. "Um... is any of you named Shuichi Saihara?" He asked as Shuichi turned to face him. "I am." "Well, you're the one who was with the victim, right? I need you to come for an interview." He said as Shuichi nods and follows him.

"H-He was with Lamika...?" Milasa asked shakily as you nodded. "He... it was an accident, Lamika accidentally fell down the stairs..." You explained as Milasa nodded. "W-Well... I guess that can happen, but where is she?! S-She's fine right? S-She's... she's still here, right?" Milasa asked again and Maruchi slightly shook his head.

"W-We're sorry, Milasa... she's important to us too..." You tried to say something to cheer her up, but Milasa only stared at you. "M-Milasa... th-the doctors tried their best..." You said as Milasa stopped holding your hand, and went back to sit on her bed and held her face.

"Hey Milasa... you're going to be fine... right...?" Maruchi asked as with a concerned voice. "I-I'm fine... it's just that... it was too... sudden..." Milasa said as her eyes is now dull, and wasn't cheerful like before.

"I'll call your parents, (Y/N), you can stay with her." Maruchi said, and (Y/N) just nodded as he went out.

The girl then walked to the depressed girl's bed, and took her hand. "Hey... I understand too... you know...?" You tried to comfort the girl, but she just frowned. "What do you know? Who did you loose?" The digital artist growled as (Y/N) just sigh. "I lost my parents when I were 5, Milasa."

"Heh... that's one of a hell lucky student for you, (Y/N)..." Milasa sighed, and held her legs closer to her body. "I-I... we just promised to have a good life... but... I... I should've been there for her... if I were there, then!-" You pulled the girl into a hug, and the brunette started sobbing.

"I-I... I just wanted a happy life! I-I don't want to live like this, (Y/N)!" Milasa sobbed as (Y/N) just soothes her back. "It's alright... you have me... Maruchi... and Shuichi!" You smiled and pulled away from the hug. "So it'd be fine! I'll protect you! Everyone will!" You said and gave out a determined look, and Milasa just smiled. "Thanks, (Y/N)... that means a lot..."

The door got opened, and revealed Shuichi and Maruchi. "Hey... (Y/N)... we should go back to our dorm... this is Milasa's family anyway." Shuichi suggested as you nod. "Well, see you back at the dorm, Milasa!" You smiled as she nodded.

Before leaving, you whispered to Maruchi to keep a close look on Milasa, you don't want anyone to get hurt.

———•

You checked the watch as you walked with Shuichi back to school. "Hm... it's 12 pm now... should we find something to eat?" You asked the detective as he nodded. "Gosh... I really hope that Milasa will do fine..." You sighed as Shuichi stared at you again.

Why did she care about that stupid nerd all of a sudden? Won't she even ask me about the interview? Shuichi asked himself as you both just keep walking.

"A-Ah... (Y/N)?" You know that voice everywhere. You turned around to meet a pair of purple eyes. "Kokichi...! What are you doing out here?" You asked as the boy finally catch up to you. "I-I... I was just... going for a walk...! Wh-Where are you going...?" Kokichi asked. "Oh, we were visiting a friend... but something bad happened..." You frowned after saying that, as Kokichi just tilted his head.

"Wh-What happened? I-I mean! I-It's alright if you don't want to talk a-about it!" Kokichi quickly apologies, and you just put a hand on his shoulder. "It's alright, Kokichi... but um... yeah, I prefer to not talk about it." You said and Kokichi nod in response.

The shy boy looked over to Shuichi, which Shuichi only glared at him, making he flinch. "U-Um... I should just... go... I don't want to bother you two..." Kokichi said, and you shook your head. "Actually, we were going to the school cafeteria to see what we can eat! You can tag along!" You smiled, which Shuichi's glare only got more, and gave Kokichi goosebumps.

"I-I'd rather pass... I-I mean! I've eaten a-already!" Kokichi quickly said as you just tilted your head. You knew it was a lie, but if that's what he wants, then alright...

"Um... yeah! But be careful! Koki!" You called him by his nickname, making the boy blushed a bit. "Th-Thanks (Y/N)..." Kokichi then rushed away, leaving you with Shuichi. "Koki...?" Shuichi asked as you nod.

"Well, it all had a story, y'know, but I just suddenly blurted out by instinct." You chuckled, and the detective nod. That makes me remember one of the good times...

- - - - • Flashback • - - - -

"So, Kokichi, what do you think?" You asked as you just put a paper crown on the Supreme Leader's head. "Aw! That's cute, (N/N)! But you could do better, y'know! Cuzzz, I can do better!" Kokichi smirked as you just giggled.

"That's a lie, Kokichi." You said as Kokichi continued to pouts. "Heey! I already gave you a nickname, (N/N)! And it's not fair to not giving me back one!"  Kokichi crossed his arms as you just rolled your eyes.

"Why should I?" "Cuz! Idiot Kaito also gave miss Cranky pants a nickname!" Kokichi continued as you just looked away from the boy. "And so? Maki didn't give Kaito a nickname too, right?" You pointed out as Kokichi thought about it for a while.

"Hmmm... nope! She called him 'idiot'!" Kokichi said as you just tilted your head. "Hey! That's not a nickname!" "Yep, it is! But if you don't give mea nickname, I'll tickle you!"

As he said, Kokichi jumped to you and tickled you. "AHAHA- S-STOP KOKICHI!!" You shouted as you kept laughing. "Nope! You haven't gave me a nickname yet!"

"HAHA- KOKICHI! S-STOP! I-I CAN'T B-BREATH!!" You kept shouting, but the boy wouldn't stop. "F-FINE! KOKI! ALRIGHT?!" The Supreme leader stopped as he heard his brand new nickname.

"Yay! (N/N)-chan gave me a nickname!"

- - - - • • - - - -

You smiled as you remembered one of the good times inside the Killing Game. Even though Kokichi's personality is deceiving, it's still fun to play with him, or talk to him.

"Oh, we're here!" You said as you both went in front of the gate.

What...? How did it make her smile immediately? What did she remember about?... was it... Kokichi...?

————————————————————————

Words: 1408

3/27/2020