Chapter 1: Erased Memories

"A-Ah! I'm sorry, I thought this was the room 110!"

The girl quickly apologized, but I could only stare at her in disbelief. But before she could walk out, I called for her. "Tsumugi! Is that you?!" I shouted, she stopped, and looked at me. "H-How did you know my name?" She asked me with her eyes widened.

She doesn't remember...?

"Wait, y-you don't remember anything?" I asked, pointing at the blue haired girl. "I-I'm sorry, b-but am I supposed to know you?" She stutters, making my jaw drop. "Are you suffering from amnesia...?" I asked, hoping that it's answer her situation right now. Wait, should I even hope she remembers?

"No... I-I'm not..." Tsumugi shyly answered back. Wait... there's something off about her... Tsumugi... isn't this shy... right? "Well... um... I guess so then..." I spoke under my breath. "Well, you can leave now... sorry for bothering you..." Tsumugi nods, and walked out of my room.

I have to calm down.

She... She doesn't remember anything...

We're safe...

She wouldn't do anything...

But as soon as I've calmed myself down, I heard a loud thud outside my room. Panicked, I ran out. Only to see Tsumugi on the floor, and the doctors tried to hold Maki's arms. "She... SHE KILLED MY FRIENDS!" Maki yelled, trying to get out of the doctors's hands. Shuichi was soon here, and gave the same expression as I did when he saw Tsumugi.

I quickly went to Tsumugi's side, and helped her up. "Wh-What are you doing, (Y-Y/N)?!" Shuichi panicky asked. But I just glare at him, and whispered into his ears. "She didn't know anything about us or Danganronpa..." Shuichi look stunned for a while, but soon, he backs off as I continue to help Tsumugi.

"What are you doing, (Y/N)?! Why are you helping her?!" Maki shouted, but I only look at her. "It's alright, Maki, I'll explain later, now I need you to calm down..." I said calmly to Maki. After a while, she had become the chill Maki as always. "Let's go back to your room, miss Harukawa..." The doctors then took Maki back to her room.

I turned my head to Tsumugi, and kneed besides her. "What did she tell you, Tsumugi?" "U-Um... she yelled something about a killing game... and I killed her friends... but I think she got the wrong person!" Tsumugi said, as I nodded. "Well, I think that's enough for today, so just go back to your room, I'll talk to her..." I said, and Tsumugi just went back to her room.

"Do you think Maki will be fine...?" Shuichi asked. "What do you mean?" I asked, looking at the Detective. "Well... since she act like that... then I think it'd be hard for her to get out of the hospital now..." Shuichi said, one finger rubbed his chin.

"Yeah... but we'll make it, somehow... just wait until every of us healed, and I guess I'll find a job, and we'll have to find a school... too... but I guess with our knowledge, then I think that we could enroll somewhere..." I said, while thinking. "Well, for now, let's just be like this, future things for later, alright?" Shuichi said, and I nodded.

We begin walking back to our room again, and I looked outside the window, once again. "What will I even do for a part-time job?" I rubbed my head, and lay down on the bed, looking up to the white ceiling.

Soon, I fell asleep, and I didn't had a very good dream...

I was standing there, inside the Trial room that I hate so much. I'm standing in my podium, but there's one thing... my hand was tied to it.

Suddenly, other podiums popped some black silhouette. They were all stared at me. But the one that stood across me was crossed out. This begin to freak me out. Then, one of the silhouette pointed at me. "You're the killer, (Y/N)!" It soon revealed as Shuichi, the one who points at me. "W-Wait! But I didn't do-" Before I could say anything, Monokuma pressed the res button, that leads to my execution.

The chain grabbed my neck, and pulled me away.

I gasped and woke up on the hospital bed. Sweats were around me, and the room was filled with darkness. "No, no, no, no... this is not real, if course it's not real! It's couldn't be real! It's just a stupid nightmare!" I shouted at myself and begin to hold me head.

Hell, I wouldn't want to sleep again. It felt too terrifying, I don't want to go back to that Killing Game. This is the outside word, and I want to enjoy it. There's no way I want to go back to that Killing Game.

I sobbed for a while. If only someone was here... I need encouragement. I need help. Don't worry, (Y/N), as soon as you get out of here, you can have all the time that you want in your life... After calming myself, I layed back down the bed, and went to sleep again.

Luckily for me, the sleep wasn't so bad, I didn't dream about anything. Or maybe I have, but I just forgot.

When I opened my eyes again, it was already morning. I gazed around, and try to stand up, without needing the cane. Eventually, it worked, my legs is fine again! But... I still can't understand why Tsumugi is here... in the hospital... and... alive... I shook off the thoughts, and went out of my room. I headed upstairs, and went straight to Maki's room.

"So... I see you've come here to explain..." Maki calmly said. "Jeez! You talk like it's my fault!" I pouted. "But, I don't really know why she's here, to be honest, but she didn't remember anything, not about us, or the killing game." i sighed as Maki nodded in response. "I... see then... so I guess that we could just ignore her from now." Maki suggested as I nods. "Well... talking about when we get out of here, though... I mean, how are we going to pay for high school, and what about jobs?" I panicking said, and it seems like Maki understood.

"Well, there's something that I wanted to show you..." Maki begin, and flipped up her pillow, and took out an envelope. There's nothing special about it, but a Monokuma's left eye print, and a Team Danganronpa logo printed on the envelope. "This is obviously coming from Team Danganronpa, but I don't know why." Maki said. "Have you opened it yet?" I asked. "No, but I think we should now..." I nodded, and stood up from the chair. "I'll go get Himiko and Shuichi, wait here!"

After that, I went to the room 207 as soon as possible. "Himiko!" I shouted the girl's name, and she snapped out of her sleeping form. "N-Nyeh? (Y/N)?" I quickly pulled her arm, and bring her to the room 208. "Well, I'll go get Shuichi now!"

I ran downstairs, and looked for Shuichi's door. "Hey Shuichi! Maki found something really important!" I said, and the boy once was sitting calmly, now looked at me. "Well, she found a letter from Team Danganronpa..." I said, and Shuichi suddenly stand up from his bed.

"We should see it then! It could be important!" Shuichi stated as I chuckled. "Yeah, no shit, Sherlock." We then ran upstairs to Maki's room. They were now sitting on the chair, waiting for us.

"Are you sure we're not summoning a ghost?" I chuckled, and come to one of the chair. Shuichi sat down next to me, and Maki showed us the letter.

"This... this is Team Danganronpa's logo, there's no mistaking it." Maki stated as I nods. "Well, let's open it! I want to know what they wrote!" Himiko shouted, she sounds really excited to know what's in that letter.

When we opened it. There was a folded paper, and some money. "Huh... that's weird..." Maki said. "Team Danganronpa is providing us something...? I mean, we destroyed their Killing Game... we destroyed their whole (career) 'entertainment source'... why would they do this...?" I questioned.

"Well, I guess we should go through the letter?" Shuichi asked as all us three nods. Maki nervously unfolded the paper, and we begin reading it out...

————————————————————————

Words: 1378

3/19/2020

Edited on March 26th, 2022