Chapter 30: Blueberry Date

Today is now Wednesday, and you can't wait until after your shift to go out with Damian... and of course Shuichi too. Well, that's what you get for not being really careful about what you say... You attended class, and there's honestly nothing fun to say about it.

"So, how's school?" Maki asked while I just take a bite of my food. "I guess it's better than the Killing Game..." You said as Maki just nodded. "Oh, hey there (Y/N), Maki, Himiko and Shuichi!" By the familiar voice, you looked up to see the person.

"Uhh... you're Maruchi, Milasa's friend, right...?" Maki asked as the boy nods. "Well, I'm glad that you remembered me, haha..." Maruchi chuckled as you just nod back. "So... you wanna sit with us, perhaps?" You asked as Maruchi shook his head. "Sorry, but me and James still have something to investigate, so maybe next time." The brunette said as you nodded in respond.

"Alright then, best of luck to you, Maru." You said as the boy nodded and walked away from your table. You all continued to eat your food, and chatted about some random stuff before class time again.

"Remember to do your homework, and for the missing lessons for today, you can check it online, or your book will have those information anyway." Ms. Kei announced as I packs my bag, and prepare to leave the classroom.

Lucky that this time I didn't fall asleep...

You packed your bag onto your shoulders, and left the classroom with Shuichi. While that, you noticed that there's a lot inside Shuichi's mind, but you thought it'll be the best if you leave him alone for now... not.

"Hey Shuichi..." You speak out and you both stopped your tracks. "Y-Yes?" Shuichi asked, his yellow-grey ish eye met yours, and you just slightly shook your head. "It's just... you've been really quiet, and it's not like you at all Shuichi! You'll explain everything to me!" You ordered, making the boy flinch a bit.

"I.... (Y/N)... I just felt... lonely... I mean, you spent most of your time working, and!- I don't know... I feel like you're ignoring me,(Y/N)..." Shuichi confessed, making you look at him weirdly. Sure, you don't spend time with him as much... but he's talking like you two were couples or something... and it makes you a bit uncomfortable.

"Well... sorry about that, Shuichi... I was just quite busy, and um... we still have a lot to do right now. So when I'm done, I'll spend all of my time with you, alright?" You stated, making the boy's eye shines. "Really...? Only me?" His question... again... it's like he's stating that you'll only spending time with him...

"Um... of course I'll spend time with the others too...! But... You'll be my top priority....?" You said, half-asked. You don't really know how to answer Shuichi at this moment, it's just... weird. This isn't Shuichi that you once know...

"Oh, I see." Shuichi forced a smile, and you just nodded. You both went back to the dorm that you both shares. You quickly changed yourself, and while Shuichi is just waiting outside, you stand inside the bathroom, and looked into the mirror...

"It's alright, (Y/N)... Shuichi is just... maybe feeling bad for Kaede? Or maybe he's just traumatized because of the killings... You just have to stay calm, (Y/N)." You told yourself, and unlocked the door to walk out, and see that Shuichi is ready to go. You gave Shuichi a small smile, and you two begin to walk to the coffee shop.

Today you noticed that there's now some seats before the counter. Probably just some extra seats. Shuichi wanted to sit there, and you just agrees. Now it was the order for Damian, but before you could give that drink to his table. A person accidentally poured his coffee into his own shirt.

As a waiter, you'll have to clean that up. You wanted to call for Rantaro, but he's busy with other tables, so you decided to just rush to that table to help the guy... and leave Damian's drink on the counter. Shuichi noticed this, and looked around to see if there's any security cameras. There's one, but it was quite not pointing to his angle, so he poured a pack of... poison inside it, and pretend nothing happened.

You hurriedly went back to get the coffee and deliver it to Damian. "Here, sorry for the wait!" You apologized as Damian nods. "It's alright (Y/N), I don't really mind waiting." The singer smiled and took a sip of his coffee.

"Gah!" The boy placed his coffee down, and begin to feel something weird. "Ugh... what was in this...?" Damian asked as his head begin to spin. You turned around to check on the boy. Rantaro saw this, and rushed to your side too.

"What's wrong?" The avocado haired boy asked as you just shook your head. "I-I don't know but this seem serious...! Can you call the ambulance for me, Rantaro?" You requested as the boy nods, and took out his phone. Afterwards you received that Damian'd do fine... he just have something in his drink.

You sighed as your shift was over, and decide to just do your daily route and walk back with Shuichi. "Come on... we were supposed to hang out today... why did this have to happen?" You groaned as you kick a ruble to the side of the road. "(Y/N)... maybe you can go out with me?" Shuichi suggested as he points to himself.

"Huh...?" "I mean... I'd try to cheer you up, (Y/N)! If Damian isn't here, then I can show you around instead!" Shuichi cheered and grab your hand. "Um, yeah, sure! Then do you want ice cream? I mean, I wanted some in these days, haha..." You chuckled as Shuichi nods.

"Of course, anything you want, (Y/N)!" Shuichi cheered, and begin to pull you around. You remembered that there is a ice cream parlor close to where the restaurant that Rantaro lead you two to, so you both decided to go there. "So... um... what would you like?" Shuichi asked as you look at the ice cream menu. "Umm... (Favourite Flavor) maybe?" You said as Shuichi nodded.

"One (F/F) and one blueberry please!" Shuichi requested with a bright smile, which you never seen he did after the Killing Game before. Was Shuichi really that happy when he's with you? You shrugged off the weird feeling, and decide to enjoy the rest of the night with Shuichi.

While you guys were sitting and enjoy your own ice creams, Shuichi couldn't help but look at you, and how you eat. It was really precious to him. He's glad that you agreed to go on a date with him. Even though you didn't aware that it is a date. Shuichi wanted to spend this moment forever, but he knew he couldn't. He'd have to hurt someone in order to spend another moment with you.

...

But who told you that he would mind to do that?

He would do anything to spend another time with you.

Anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1208

4/13/2020