Chapter 28: Sweet

The next day was Tuesday, and you were just really tired from last night where you bake those muffins. You looked over to the gift box, unharmed, and you just decide to get up from your bed.

"Hey, Shuichi, wake up already..." You called as the detective slowly get up. "Yeah, well, today is Tuesday, right?" Shuichi asked as you nods. "Yeah, and we have class in 30 minutes, so, um, yeah" You said and Shuichi nods.

Shuichi changed to his usual outfit, as you just wait for him to finish. After that, you got some spare muffins that you made. One for Himiko, one for Maki, and you may bring one for Maruchi, too?

"Oh... (Y/N)... what are you going to do with those?" Shuichi asked as you held up the muffins. "Oh, I'm going to bring this for Maki and Himiko! Sadly we don't have any spares for Rantaro or Kokichi..." You frowned at this, but decided to put the muffins inside your bag.

After you made your way to the classroom. Maki and Himiko is already there, so you decided to gather them up. "Himiko! Maki! I did made some muffins last night, do you want to try them?" You asked as Maki and Himiko just nods.

"Nyeh... that might help me bring my MP up... so alright..." Himiko said tiredly said as she took the muffin from my hand and slowly unwrap it, then Maki just did the same.

I watched as they took their first bite. "So? How was it?" You asked as Maki and Himiko just slightly nods, but then their expression changed immediately. "Wh-What did you put in this?!" Maki asked as she coughed a bit.

"Huh? Wh-What do you mean?" You panicked as Maki held her stomach. "I-I'll bring you to the infirmary!" You said as you wrapped Maki's arm around you neck. "Shuichi, help me with Himiko too!" You panicked as Shuichi picked Himiko up.

Both of you rushed to the infirmary, and both of the girls has been taken care of...

"It was just a food poisoning." The nurse said as I clasped my hand together. "Food poisoning? But I ate it last night and it was alright!" You said as the nurse shook her head. "Maybe it was expired? I don't know, I'm not a baker... are you sure that you didn't put anything poisonous?" She asked as you shook your head.

"I don't think so..." You frowned while Shuichi, who's standing behind you, grinned his teeth together. "Anyway... I wanted to see my friends for a bit..." You said and pulled out the final muffin from your bag.

"I'm glad I didn't give Maruchi this..." You sighed as you come over to Maki and Himiko. "So... is it your fault again?" Maki asked as you just looked away. "I'm sorry, I didn't know it was... rotten." You apologized as Himiko just smiles.

"It's alright, (Y/N), at least it doesn't do anything serious... Nyeh..." Himiko said as I nod. "Well, it's almost class time, so I'll go now, alright?" You waved goodbye at them and returned to the classroom with Shuichi.

"Hm... Why did it turn out like this?" You asked as you toss the muffin to a nearby trashcan. "We did eat it yesterday! How? Muffins isn't that fast to be rotten!" You sighed as Shuichi just slightly nodded.

You both then made it to the classroom, and students is just, chatting and other stuff... "O-Oh, good morning, (Y/N)! D-Did you open that um..." Kokichi trailed off and played with his finger. "Yeah! I did open it! It was really great!" Thank you for that!" You smiled as the shy boy just hides his blushing face.

"N-No problem! W-Well... I should go now! S-See you!" Kokichi quickly said, and rushed to his seat. "Yeah, haha..." You chuckled as you both returned to your own seats.

"So... where's Harukawa and Yonaga?" Ms. Kei asked as I raised my hand. "Well, um, apparently they got some sort of uh... food poisoning? So they can't really attend class right now..." You explained as the teacher nods.

"Alright then, I guess that explains everything." Ms. Kei said and stood up from her desk, then begin to teach her lesson... While that you just stayed silent, feel bad since you caused Maki and Himiko in this much trouble.

After the lesson, it was break time, so you decided to meet them again. "Aw, where are you going, (Y/N)?" Rantaro asked as he held your arm back. "Seriously, Rantaro? I need to visit my friend." You said as Rantaro tilted his head.

"Aw, come on (Y/N), isn't it will be more fun to spend your time with me?~" Rantaro winked as I rolls my eyes. "Yeah, but no. Just let me go already..." You said as Rantaro just shrugged and let go of you.

"Anyway, bye." You said and continue to walk to the infirmary. "H-Hey (Y/N)... wait for me please..." Shuichi said and catches up with you. "Ah, of course Shuichi." You smiled, and let Shuichi tag along with you.

But when you reaches there, you can only see the magician, but not the child caregiver... "Hey Himiko? Where's Maki?" You asked as Himiko looked at you. "Nyeh... Maki said that she has felt better, so she wanted to go outside... but I think that it'd be better to stay in here..."Himiko explained as I nods.

Typical Himiko.

...

"Hey... (Y/N)?... Do you think that Tenko and me will ever be together again in this world?" Himiko asked as I flinch a bit. Tenko isn't that obsessed with girls like inside the Killing Game, so you don't really know how to say about this...

"Um... I think that for the best that you forget about Tenko... since she's a bit... strict here..." You tried your best to explain, but Himiko only looked to the ground in sadness. "If... that's what you say... (Y/N)... Because I really wanted Tenko to be back with me... I miss having her around..."

"Well... Maybe you could try to join the student council, I mean, maybe Angie could help...?" You suggested as Himiko nods. "Maybe that'll work... nyeh..."

Before I could say anything, the bell already rang, and I gave the girl a wave, and walked out with Shuichi, to head back to class, of course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1080

4/11/2020