Chapter 20: Poisoned Dreams

"So, uh, hey, where's your friend? I mean, Milasa?" Rantaro asked as you looked at him with said eyes. "Hey, don't look at me like that! What happened?" Rantaro asked again as you just sighs. "I don't really know what happened either, though... but she just avoids me..." You said as Rantaro nodded. "What about Maruchi? Does he ignore you?" You shook your head as the boy looked away from you.

"Hey, are you going to open that box anytime soon?" Rantaro said as he points into that purple box that Kokichi gave you, and you just smiled a bit. "I'll open it when I get back into my room." You stated and continue to walk with Rantaro to the lunch place. While that, Shuichi just look blackly at the box, and then looked back at you, chatting happily with Rantaro.

"Here we are! C'mon, we don't have all day!" Rantaro called as you just shrugged and enters the restaurant with the boys. The place looks plain enough, like a lunch restaurant for workers or something. You three took a seat at a table for four, and because Shuichi is quick enough, so he got a seat next to you.

"Aww, Shuichi, stop stealing my (Y/N)!" Rantaro pouted as he took a seat across you. But Shuichi totally didn't take that as a joke, and started glaring at the avocado boy.

But then it was interrupted by a waiter at that place putting a menu on that table. "Thanks!" You smiled and took that menu to see through it. "Hm... I'd like (F/F)...!" You smiled as soon as you saw your favorite food displayed on the menu. "Alright, I'll get same as her then." Rantaro said and smiled. "Wha-? Why?" You asked as Shuichi spoke up too. "I'll get (F/F)" Shuichi said as you flinched.

"What is wrong with you two?!" You asked as Rantaro chuckles. "Well, if (Y/N) recommend it then I'd like to try it too!~" Rantaro explained as you look over to Shuichi, lowering his hat... again. "Hey Shuichi? Is everything alright?" You asked as Shuichi nods. "Well, I just like (F/F) too, so yeah..." Shuichi said and smiled at you.

"O-Oh, really? I mean, you usually eat the hot pot that Kirumi cooks haha..." You chuckled nervously as Shuichi sighs. "Tenko requested that, not me..." Shuichi explained as you mouthed an 'oh'. "Kirumi?" Rantaro asked as you both flinch. "Wow, since when did Kirumi accept requests from others?" Rantaro asked as you sighs. "There are many people can have the name 'Kirumi' y'know?" You lied as Rantaro nod.

"Oh, our food is here!" Shuichi said as both of you and Rantaro nod. "Hey, this actually looks pretty good!" Rantaro commented as you just pouts. "Eat it already." All three of you then started to eat, and Rantaro just started complimenting the food, but of course come with some flirty message too, while that Shuichi's just being uncomfortable.

"So, now you'll just go back to your room?" Rantaro asked as you nod. "Yeah, what else to do? Also... will you come back to work this evening?" You asked as Rantaro nod. "Thank God..." You sighed as Rantaro smirks. "Aw, miss me already?" "Nah, don't take the wrong idea, that Milina girl is too annoying..." You said as Rantaro nods.

Then all three of you went back to your own dorm rooms, and Shuichi just decided to leave for a while. "Where are you going?" You asked as Shuichi just smiles at you. "Well, I need to talk to Maruchi, y'know, I'm a detective so maybe I can help with the case!" Shuichi explained as you just nods. "Alright then"

Shuichi then begin to walk to the science club, and lucky for him, there's no one there. He begin to search the cabinet for any type of poison... and he found a very familiar poison labeled 'strike-9'. Shuichi smirked and took the poison, then begin to walk back to the dormitories place.

Shuichi then knocked on the girl's door, and behind it is the brunette, she opened the door to see Shuichi, but frowned right away when she saw him. "D-Do you need anything?" Milasa asked as she wanted to close the door, but Shuichi just stopped it from closing. "Wh-What?" Milasa gasped as Shuichi pushed the girl into the room. "Tch... I-I won't loose to you!" Milasa said as she tries to struggle out of Shuichi's grasp.

"You should've just... never met us, Milasa..." Shuichi said bluntly and pulled out the poison in his pocket. "Wh-What are you going to d-do with that?! Stay away!" Milasa shouted as she successfully break out of Shuichi, and tries to run away. But certainly Shuichi is faster and have more skills, he grabbed Milasa's shoulder and pulled the girl backwards.

Knowing it's her end, she just wanted to say some last words. "Y-You killed Lamika and Kaede... didn't you?" Milasa asked as Shuichi looked at her blankly. "What about it? What are you going to do then?" Shuichi asked as the girl stopped struggling. "Heh... I just wanted to know if I'm right..."

Shuichi sighed and poured the liquid into the girl's mouth. "Uh... Tch... Why... why is life so cruel? Haha... Now I cant't ever tell Maruchi that I love him... he's my best friend... y'know?" Shuichi nods, and loosened the grip from Milasa's shoulder. "Well... I hope that he'd live well... but I know you can't promise anyone everything... but just don't kill him... please..." Tears started to form on the girl's eye as Shuichi looked at her bluntly.

"Garh... Hphfm...." Milasa started to spit out blood, and gripped onto the detective's shirt. "Don't touch me..." Shuichi said as she just smirks. "You know... let's just hope that (Y/N) finds out your doing..." Shuichi was pissed off by Milasa's word, and decided to pour every drops left that was inside the bottle into the girl's mouth.

"Gah... Die in hell..." Milasa said as she starts to cough out more and more blood, and that was the beginning of the girl's end. Shuichi stopped grabbing her shoulder, and lay her on the floor. But noticed that there's something on her hand. Shuichi took it out, and saw a recorder. "Oh... smart indeed..." Shuichi said and dropped the object on the flooor, and stomped on it.

"But that's not enough to fool me, Mil." Shuichi said and walked out of the room and pulled out the gloves. As he was walking, Shuichi bumped into Maruchi. "Ah, hi Maruchi, I was looking for you too!" Shuichi smiled as Maruchi just looked at him in confusion. "Find me? For what?" The Multi Talent boy asked as Shuichi just lowered his hat.

"Well, I'm a detective, so I was hoping that I could help on Kaede's case too..." Shuichi said as Maruchi mouthed an 'oh'. "Ah, I suppose that I should ask my da- I mean James first... since this is a real case, not any practice case or anything..." Maruchi sighed as he looks into the profile again. "But I suppose I can use some help... you don't mind, right?"

Shuichi nodded, and begin to follow the boy.

"But first, I remember that I gave Mil some important files... I need them back, so uh, just wait here, alright?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1236

4/4/2020