Chapter Four: Darkness

IN THE NETHER REALM

Mileena pounces onto a sturdy built demon, biting into his skin and ripping into his bloodstream. He screams in horror right up until she decapitates him, making him lose his balance and fall onto the dusty, red terrain. She keeps his severed head between her teeth as she takes to her feet, and then begins to feast upon it. Most of the city inhabitants watch in confusion and slight fear. She throws his head aside, letting it land on the ground in a puddle of blood.

"Mmm, I love feasting on those who oppose me!" she announces just before rubbing the stained blood all over her hips alluringly. "So who else disagrees with my rule?!" she adds.

The morning sun in the Nether Realm appears as a deep yet somewhat bright orange, giving the realm its unusual tint of strictly warm colors. The very warm temperatures are almost visible in the red-orange sky. As Mileena peers around the crowd, no one seems to respond.

"Good...now be gone!" she dismisses them.

The city goes back to their somewhat chaotic ways and Mileena heads back to her lair. The gothic exterior of the buildings look very similar. They each have spikes that suspend from the roofs as well as the same all black color scheme. However, Mileena's lair is the tallest building, and is magenta and black. Mileena takes another step towards her chambers when Shinnok appears in front of her in a wisp of violet aura.

"It seems as though you've made this area more...obedient...yet only in mere hours. Interesting..." he takes note with a grin.

"Well, I am one-seventh of your eyes in this realm correct?" she quotes, a grin on her face.

He approaches her, now in a sudden amused mood.

"Come, I believe it's time for you to meet your fellow 'eyes' within this realm," he announces while placing a hand on her shoulder.

With barely any effort, they vanish, reappearing on a very long and somewhat narrow golden bridge that overlooks a dark bronze-like body of water. The gloomy yet reddish Nether Realm sunlight reflects off of the luminous bridge, giving the realm a more regal feel much like the city of Nekros does. The bridge stretches almost as far as the eye can see.

"Behold, the Bridge of Immortality," he holds his hand outward as if he is placing the bridge on display for Mileena to see.

A grin comes to her face as she looks down at the sea. However, looking deeper into the waters, she notices something more; souls. Souls that do not choose to be in this realm, souls that are most likely stolen and souls that reach out to Mileena in sorrow with a thirst for freedom. Even if that freedom were only for short time. But, Mileena senses that there is nothing she or anyone else could do to free them. No, Shinnok owns this, owns them and even slightly owns her, though she hates to admit it.

"That which is below is the Sea of Immortality, another place in which spirits are casted down. However, this is just the first plane of my infinite realm," he explains.

She turns to him with curious eyes.

"If it is truly infinite, how do you keep yourself updated on things that occur so often? Let alone divide the realm's locations?" she questions.

"I could not call myself a former Elder God if I cannot manage a realm. I suppose I just think of it as an Earth Realm in progress," he concludes darkly.

"Ah, Lord Shinnok," they hear, redirecting both of their attention spans.

A woman with tanned skin and shoulder length black hair with a white highlight in the front stands before them in a two piece all black leather outfit outlined in red. The black tribal markings on her face and her arms make it obvious she belongs to a cult of some sort. Along with her are two women who wear similar getups, yet slightly less revealing. The woman to her right is rather pale with black hair reaching the center of her back while the one to her left has a much darker pigmentation and white hair that just passes her shoulders.