Chapter Ten: Chaotic Order

~Mileena POV~

I travel down the spiral staircase leading deeper into the Flesh Pits. Shame on the emperor to entrust me more when I aim to end his reign rather than before when all my motives were to blindly serve him.

On my way to see Quan Chi, Reiko summoned me to the emperor's side. There he officially crowned me heir to the throne of Outworld, princess Mileena Kahnum. The crowd was not large, though consisted of his closest warriors, dearest Tanya included. Never has he done any of the sorts for Kitana before. It lasted few hours, as he explained to his forces the plan of invasion. He also began preparing his army, assuring when the time comes Earth Realm shall fall to his mercy.

How late he realizes my true potential. The throne shall be mine regardless if he is alive and well or rotting in the Nether Realm. He no longer has a true supportive heir, assuming Kitana will not end her traitorous ways.

I now walk through the Flesh Pits, peering at all of the abominations Shang Tsung has created. To think that I was one of them, that my existence began in a mere test tube and not from the queen as I always believed. It never was simple to accept, to know I was merely appointed as the heir and not a true heir. However, decree is as thick as blood in this realm.

I continue to walk as I spot Quan Chi and Shang Tsung chanting around the soul in question that would quell the ward protecting Earth Realm. I wonder who exactly this soul is that shall be resurrected.

"Ah, Mileena," Quan Chi spots me and pauses his chanting.

"Yes," I speak calmly as I come face to face with he, Shang Tsung, the floating soul and a random portal.

"Shinnok would like to see you, I summoned a portal to your left in anticipation," he explains.

"I see, I shall return soon," I state.

He sends a nod as I advance to the portal. Before stepping through I turn around and shift my gaze from the soul back to Quan Chi.

"Out of curiosity...who exactly are we resurrecting?" I inquire.

They continue to chant, yet this time Shang Tsung pauses.

"The soul is no other than the queen, Sindel, your mother," he replies, his hands illuminating shades of red.

My eyes widen at bit at this revelation. It all makes sense, the emperor never did want to engage in conversation about her. All I knew was that she was dead. Never would I have guessed she was the soul that prevented my father from a simple merger. Well, it shall indeed be interesting to see 'mother' rise from the grave.

Hearing this, I turn back to the portal and walk through. As if in seconds there I was before the shimmering throne of Shinnok and he watching me with anticipation. I stand straight.

"Everything is in motion. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung have already progressed in the spell and the emperor considers me his daughter once more."

Shinnok grins devilishly.

"Then the Order Realm awaits my sweet. Locate Darrius at all costs," he commands.

I nod, not wishing to degrade myself further by addressing him as lord once again, as he opens a portal to my right. Eager to leave his presence, I waste no time in walking through the portal. As I pass through, flashes of bright light strike my eyes and random fragments of memories cloud my mind. It all too fast to pick a certain specific memory from, yet I feel as if I now contain a better understanding of my past self. Without even realizing, I had arrived on the other side on the portal. A gasp escapes my lips as I peer around anxiously.

It was no shock landing eyes on such an organized realm being that it is known as the Order Realm. Buildings in the distance were sorted by size, color, and the terrain was a smooth surface with the sturdiness of cement. I stand upon what appears to be a sidewalk, yet the entire landform is suspended in the air and circular. It is as if this realm is a much neater version of the Chaos Realm and much more calm. The architecture shares the same neon color scheme yet much more futuristic, especially the medium skyscrapers in the distance.