Chapter Twenty-Five: War of The Realms

IN THE JINSEI CHAMBER

Kitana's eyes flutter open. She uses her left hand to sit upward and her right hand to caress her head. She lets out a small sigh. Her head throbs a bit, causing her to groan lightly. She then peers around, realizing she has awaken in the Jinsei. It is oddly quiet. Kitana quickly takes to her feet. She begins recalling how she was just at Mileena's mercy. What she does not recall is how she survived the fall from the Sky Temple and who brought her to safety. Thankful nonetheless, most of the pain from her battle has ceased.

"Oh, Kitana," she turns rapidly toward the entrance at her name being called.

Her eyes land upon the wind God, Fujin, who examines her. His expression alone shows he was not expecting her of all people. Feeling relieved that she does not need to be on the defensive, she calms herself as she parts her lips to speak.

"Lord Fujin," she greets him.

"I see you have recovered, I sensed presence here. May I ask you to lend your strength to Earthrealm below in the Wu Shi Academy?" he questions her.

"But of course. Will you also join?"

"I will, only as a last resort. I must protect the Jinsei and those sheltered here in the Sky Temple, for if the Jinsei is corrupted then the realm will undoubtedly fall," he replies.

She nods in understanding.

"Good fortune lord Fujin," she bows her head.

"Same to you, princess," he returns her kind gesture.

She then heads through the entryway to the Jinsei, leaving Fujin by his lonesome.

IN OUTWORLD

Tanya and Nitara peer out of a small hole that serves as a window from inside of Hiroto's large tent. Tanya's expression shows one of low patience.

"It is nearly sunrise and I still have not heard from my belov—from Mileena," Tanya speaks.

"Mileena will be fine, we must have faith. Besides, our plan has succeeded. Whether her personal plans do or do not is only up to her," Nitara counters.

Hiroto nods in agreement as he pours them both glasses of green tea from across the tent.

"She is correct. Earthrealm's hours may be limited, but Edenia's and Vaeternus's are just beginning," he inputs as he carries two small glasses to them.

Tanya sighs as they both take the cups into their hands. She sips the beverage as her impatience builds.

IN THE WU SHI ACADEMY

The monks inside push the Tarkatans back. The portals suddenly begin closing, stopping the flow of more enemies. Kung Lao and Li Mei kombat their enemies together, and as do Sub-Zero and Sareena. Kai snaps the neck of one of the emperor's troops just before static is heard from his wrist-com.

"We are pushing back the emperor's forces, the portals are closing!" Sonya's static voice leaks through the wrist-com.

Kai raises his eyebrow as he brings the wrist-com closer to his lips.

"The invasion portals are closing here as well! We are making good progress!" he radios back.

Meanwhile outside of the Wu Shi Academy, Shao Kahn charges forward with vibrant green energies engulfing his body. His shoulder charge knocks down Sindel, Liu Kang and Bo Rai Cho forcefully. He chuckles to himself as he places his fists upon his hips. They all peer upward in shock, only for Raiden to appear in front of them. He attacks the emperor, charging his elbow forward. It strikes the emperor's lower jaw and he winces. Raiden doesn't stop there, he brings his foot from the ground and strikes Shao Kahn's abdomen. This leaves the emperor vulnerable, allowing Raiden to deliver two open palmed strikes to his temples. Raiden attempts to go for a third strike, but Shao Kahn catches his arm. He uses this advantage to slam Raiden to the ground, following this attack by stomping on his back. He chuckles as his foot remains on top of the Thunder God's back who groans in dismay. As the emperor taunts Raiden, Bo Rai Cho approaches swiftly. His drunken fists fly forward, striking Shao Kahn's abdomen, chest and lower jaw. The attacks all hit the emperor too quickly for him to process, which causes him to fall back.