Final Chapter

IN OUTWORLD

Nitara and Hiroto stand in the center of the large tent as Tanya stands at the tent's opening. She peers at the sky, sure of herself that her worries have become reality. Mileena has perished. Tanya sighs in frustration as she turns to Nitara and Hiroto.

"It is time," she states.

Nitara silently nods as Hiroto hands them both their designated orbs and kamidogu. Tanya and Nitara place their designated orb and kamidogu upon a chain, and wrap the chain round their waist. They then all proceed outside of the tent under the dim rising sun. The citizens of Outworld carry on with their day to day lives, allowing the three of them to slip through the crowd going unnoticed. There is an odd amount of commotion, which strikes Tanya's curiosity. As they proceed down the road, many civilians crowd around and peer in the opposite direction. This slows Nitara, Tanya and Hiroto down. Tanya peers at the sky once more, and notices something odd. Earthrealm, which was merging with Outworld, is now naturally visible in the sky once again. She raises an eyebrow as distant marching is now heard. This causes the trio to pause and turn much like the civilians which surround them.

Tanya feels as though maybe there was hope for Mileena's quest after all. She begins to make her way through the crowd, closer to the sound of marching. The marching increases its volume as she glides through the crowd. Nitara and Hiroto follow close behind, being sure that they keep up with Tanya. The trio come to the front of the crowd and Tanya's eyes widen. A mere ten feet in front of her approaches Mileena, who wears the emperor's helmet and carries his hammer with fierce eyes. Smoke ventures hand in hand with her to her right, along with Li Mei and Ashrah who keep up to her left. Behind Mileena the emperor's army, the emperor's vital warriors and the Tarkatan army follows.

Mileena lands eyes on Tanya, and smiles to herself. She pauses her advance and holds her hand that grips the emperor's hammer outward, signaling for her forces to do the same. The people of Outworld break into even more commotion when they see the blood that stains Mileena, along with her false father's helmet and war hammer. Mileena's forces halt as she allows her hand to fall from Smoke's. She then sheathes her false father's war hammer on her lower back.

"By the Gods, she succeeded..." Tanya thinks to herself.

Mileena then solely approaches Tanya, coming face to face with her.

"Dearest Tanya," Mileena greets.

"...My empress," Tanya rejoices.

She wastes no time in wrapping her arms around Mileena and pulling her into a deep embrace. This brings cheers from the crowd, along with many questions. Has the emperor's tyranny finally ended? Will Outworld now be a more liberated realm under Mileena's reign? The civilians are struck with awe. Nitara and Hiroto watch on with a smile from behind Tanya. Behind Mileena, Li Mei also smiles to herself as Smoke watches on with a slight envious expression. Li Mei notices this and turns to him with a questioning expression.

"Smoke, surely you are not jealous?" she teases him.

Smoke snaps out of his trance and turns to Li Mei. He grins and then chuckles lightly.

"No, of course not..." he rubs the back of his head uncertainly.

"Are you certain? It is quite understandable that the history they share could serve to bring you uncertainty," Li Mei adds.

"You know, at first I did not understand it. However, I see it now. Mileena and Tanya have known each other for thousands of years, which is a tough bond to simply let go of. No matter what, there will always be a feeling there, I am sure. But, I also know that what Mileena and I share goes beyond that in a distinct way," Smoke explains.