Chapter Two: The Fallen

Shinnok smiles darkly at Mileena.

"Close your eyes," he commands.

Mileena complies, and Shinnok's hands begin to glow a violet-white shade.

"Now let the linking of the minds begin."

He places a hand on her forehead as his power transfers all throughout her body. Mileena starts to levitate and her eyes roll into the back of her head as Shinnok casts his spell, granting her new abilities.

"In this state you are merely a lost soul, once the resurrection is complete, you shall feel a great difference about yourself, and your power," he adds.

She drops to the ground on her hands and knees with violet light engulfing her body as she groans from the sorcery's pain. Her eyes begin to glow a bright white as her breathing becomes more violent. After a moment, the spell was done, and the feeling of intense pain was at last gone.

Mileena's violent inhales and exhales come to a calm stop. Shinnok was correct, she does already feels many differences about herself. However one feeling stands out in particular. She brings a hand to her face, touching what used to be razor sharp teeth.

"Have a glimpse at your new self," Shinnok tells her, using his sorcery to bring forth a rather large mirror-like object.

Mileena slowly stands and gasps as she comes face to face with her reflection. Soft, full lips have replaced her once Tarkatan features. However a slit has formed on each side of her cheeks that leads to the corners of her lips. Her eyes are white orbs and her dark brown hair reaches the small of her back. The ragged two piece magenta gear she once wore was restored and outlined in gold, displaying her upper back and abdomen. Magenta heels are upon her feet, with gold straps that travel to her knees, reflecting the torch light. Two magenta arm band rest on her upper arms as well.

She rubs her face, gawking at herself and amazed at what Shinnok has done for her. Though she has a heavy resemblance to Kitana, one could still tell them apart.

"H-how-"

"A simple spell. You can phase your appearance back and forth from Edenian to Tarkatan at your will. Something in particular I knew you would enjoy," he replies darkly.

"That was close," a random voice says in her head.

Mileena tenses, realizing it was Kitana. She lets out a hiss and peers around the room, revealing her crescent, tangerine eyes as well as her Tarkatan teeth.

"You have her! Where is she?!" she shouts at Shinnok, demanding her murderer.

"No need to be alarmed, it is merely another gift from me to you. You can access Kitana's inner most thoughts whenever you would like to," he grins deviously.

Mileena's teeth retract and her eyes divert back to white orbs as she calms herself.

"Why have you set me free after all these years!?" she interrogates.

"Because you are the key to the realms, Outworld most in particular," he answers.

"What? Outworld? The emperor could not care less about my death! Explain yourself."

"The explanation will be revealed in due time, as of now, you must be introduced to the entire city. Shall we?"

Though Mileena has received these new attributes, she is still uncertain of the fallen Elder God. Would he betray her once he has received whatever it is he wants? He certainly wasted no time in transforming Mileena in exchange for her loyalty. She shall keep an eye on him and acquire as much knowledge on him as well as this realm that she can.