Prologue

Devyn POV (Devyn above)

I got home from school and threw my backpack on my on the floor angrily before slamming the door shut. Then I finally broke down I leaned against the door and slowly slid down it. My legs felt as if they were about to explode since I just ran two miles without stopping just to get away from that heart breaker and backstabber that I used to call my friends. 

I pulled out the key Emmett gave me to his house a while back and unlocked the front door. Setting my bag by the front door "Emmett?" I asked looking around the living room for him. 

He told me he was sick today so I wanted to bring him some soup to make him feel better. I walked up the stairs and navigated my way to his room. With every step I took closer I heard giggling. Probably from a show he's watching. I shrugged it off. I opened his bedroom door and saw this: Sarah lying on top of him and both of them completely naked.

"You guys are assholes!" I said dumping the very hot soup over both of them but before I exited the room I threw the key he gave me at his face hitting his forehead. 

"Devyn wait!" I heard Emmett call out to me. I ignored him not wanting to hear some bullshit excuse. Swung open the front door and ran all the way home.

So now here I am lying there on the ground sobbing. For a good five minutes of sobbing I finally heard someone say my name "Devyn?" I heard my little sister, Avery ask.

"Should I call Emmett and Sarah over to comfort you?" She asked. I shook my head no cause they were the ones to did this to me. 

"I'm okay." I stood up. Before I could walk to my room Avery wrapped her arms around me.

"It's okay to cry, ya'know." She said another tear came rolling down my cheek "What happened? Does it have something to do with Emmett and Sarah?" She asked hesitantly.

"He- he cheated o-on m-me with Sarah." I managed to choke up. 

"That bastard! The next time I see him he's dead meat! Same with that Sarah girl, I never really liked her." Avery told me truthfully. I couldn't help but chuckle at the last part, but then began to cry again. My boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend.

Then there was a knock at the door. Avery led me to the couch and told me she would get the door. "What the hell are you doing here?" I heard my sister ask in an annoyed manner.

"Is Devyn here?" I recognize that voice anywhere, Emmett Parker, his height is 5, 9 he has shaggy blonde hair, dark brown eyes, and a smile that could light up a whole room. But is the biggest douche bag in the world of douche bags at the moment. 

Then I heard a loud smacking noise "How dare you show your face around here after what you did!" She yelled at him "And now you're asking where she is-" I stopped her rant by walking up to the door and pushing her away from him.

I almost burst out laughing when I saw his face slightly turned to the side and a red hand print on his face. "What do you want?" I asked dryly.

Emmett held up my backpack that I left there. "You left this there." 

I snatched the bag out of his hand "You can leave now." I told him. He looked hurt? He looked hurt! I can't believe he looked hurt, when I was the one who got cheated on!

Emmett didn't budge so I was about to speak again telling him to leave but he spoke before I could "Aren't we gonna talk about us?" He asked with the same look of hurt on his face.

"There is no us, you made sure of that when you slept with my best friend!" I snapped.

"I made a mistake-" He began.

"No, I made a mistake and that was going out with you!" I hissed and slammed the door shut.