Chapter - 5 Celebrations and Sighs

"Are you sure about this adi?"
"Hell yes."
"But what will people say? I don't feel it's correct."
"Damn the people. I need you to do this for me."
"Find dude I will arrange for us to stay here overnight." Varun said as he finally gave up. " Let me call up my guy at Taj."
"You saved my evening bro." Smirked Adiraj as he and Varun landed on the Delhi airport in his private jet.

The wedding was to take place in the Navlakha palace in Mount Abu. Adiraj had excused himself for the evening saying he needed to attend unavoidable work in Delhi for the evening. His father was quite put out but Adiraj couldn't care less. He needed to get away from those celebration and from Tamanna. He felt jilted and trapped all because of her. Now they were headed to 'Shiro' for a night of booze and hook up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tamanna was sitting at her favourite place the terrace gazebo thinking about the past few days. How quickly the days had fleeted by!! Tamanna thought. It felt as if just yesterday her father broke her the news of her getting married. How she had cried? Requested and pleaded her parent to reconsider. But in vain. And that kiss........ That passionate kiss,that started this whole charade......

She looked down at the mehendi. She could read the names 'Adiraj' written inside an intricate design. It was beautiful.
"Adiraj Singhal" sighed Tamanna " Mrs. Tamanna Adiraj Singhal." The names too didn't go well together. She thought. "Who are you really that passionate stranger from the hallway or that brute on the stairs. Guess I have to live my life trying to find it out."

She quaintly laid there looking at the sunset. The view was so serene she couldn't help but stating out load a few lines she had written long back, " as the sun approaches the horizon the purple-pink-orange red streak blush the sky, with chaste snow sprinkled all over. And when the Sun has set the tempress of darkness gradually unfurls her dark cape studded with shimmering, sparkling diamond. How......."

"Talking to yourself again, darling." Nidhi interrupted Tamanna.

Tamanna gasped and blushed at Nidhi's mocking remark.

" What are you doing here all alone by yourself Tamanna when the whole household is in uproar with YOUR wedding celebrations." Nidhi asked Tamanna as she took the bench next to her.

" I know this isn't the kind of marriage you wanted or the kind of guy you wanted fir that matter but this is exactly the type of wedding you dreamt of since we were kids. All these ceremonies, the decorations everything. So cheer up at least for that." Continued Nidhi.

"All these things nothing if you do not have that special someone to share it with you Nidhi. Where is Adiraj?! Gone for work when there is mehendi ceremony happening for OUR wedding. I know he hates me. I know the ceremony ended by noon actually he made sure it did. And I also know guys don't have a huge role to play during the ceremony but I didn't see Varun running of out of city with friends under the pretext of work!" Tamanna snorted.

"What kind of marriage I am entering into Nidhi? It scares me to think about the future." Sighed Tamanna as tears trickled down her cheeks.

"Tamanna I don't approve of his behaviour at all. But may this is his way of dealing with the situation. I mean let's face it you didn't really hit it off. And Varun assures me that Adiraj is not the monster we have made him out to be. He is just angry, just like you, with his father who forced him into an unwanted commitment, just like you." Nidhi tried to console Tamanna.

"Sometimes I wish I was never born in this family Nidhi. All the luxuries of a princess but at the cost of your freedom. I feel suffocated. Things my own parents make me do in the name of family honor." Sighed Tamanna

"I am sure things would be better once are married and you both put your differences aside. Moreover I am there with you should you need me. Always."

"That's the only silver lining I am holding on to Nidhi. You." Tamanna said closing her eyes as a fresh batch of tears rolled down her cheeks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys I have had the busiest week so far. Two sites finishing up then I got my kitty on 12... It's been crazy juggling between all these things.
I am leaving town for next week. So no updates then but I am trying to finish up a new chapter before I leave.
This one has been more of a filler chapter but the real fun starts now.
And thank you guys for reading my story. It's encouraging to see the number of reads increasing.

Btw I have uploaded Tamanna's wedding dress pic.