Chapter - 11

Tamanna watched the beautiful spring morning unravel its enigma out her window. The green field decorated with colourful tupils. The world was coming to life again as the sun emerged from its endless blue blankets. She took in the salty yet pure sea breeze reliving her freedom as a warm sensation washed though her body, clearing out the negative energies.tamanna smiled as the heat from the rays of sun flowed through her spirit and soul like a gentle stream through a river.

'So, this is what it's like to be free' she sighed as her mind wandered to the event of of the day before. The party, encounter with Adiraj, everything.

Leaving the house and trying to make it on her own wasn't as hard as she had thought. Leaving Adiraj, though a beast of a man was the worst part. She had packed just 2 bags one with her garments the other for her work and related accessories, taken a cab to the station where she had purchased the tickets to San Diego, a city she had heard about long time ago from one of her friends. Upon arrival she had checked herself into an inexpensive yet decent hotel.

"Last time I cry over the past. Now I Need a plan if action if I am to survive in this city. After that it would all fall in place." She had tried to assure herself after crying though the night.

Now as she looked at the morning sun outside her window she felt at peace for a while. She closed her eyes content to feel the light salty breeze on her face when suddenly Adiraj's face appeared leaving her filled with pain and agony again. Her mind wandered to his eyes, his flashing smile. Her body tingled as the memories of his kisses caresses came flooding back to her. Her mind raced over to his touch when the unpleasant recollections of the nights events brought her back from her reverie. Bile rose in her mouth as she recalled the hideous act of his.
'No. I would have never been happy married to a chauvinistic man like him.' She reprimanded herself. 'Men like him never change. All they want is a lady who will bear their children and warm their bed as and when they please. After 25 years of being controlled by father, I now refused to be controlled my a man who thinks it's his legal duty to make my life miserable.'

"I need a man who would cherish me and accept me the way I am. A man who may not be the king of the world but knows how to rule my heart with love and gentleness. A man who would not want to control me with his love but set me free to chase my dreams. Accept me with failure and success. But I guess that man doesn't exist." Snorted Tamanna, "so Tamanna enough with moping over past, let's take on the future."

With that she got dressed and left the hotel determined to find a plan her new life. Her way. God was probably blessed with Tamanna today as she met an angle by the name of mrs. Bhatt who owned a boutique on the high street.The kind lady immediately agreed to help Tamanna put when Tamanna mentioned her wishes of display her work of art in the boutique for sale. And that was the beginning of her new life in this wonderful city

And just like that the day turned into week and week turned into a full month, which gradually moved towards the end of the second month. Tamanna's life had fallen into a comfortable routine. She would sell painting in mrs. Bhatt's boutique while later in the night she would sit and work on her own line of clothing designs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Soon I will have enough money to buy a sewing machine and finally start with something I have been dreaming about my whole life." She told mrs. Bhatt as they had dinner.

"I agree beta. I am so proud of you for standing your ground and not succumbing to people's expectations." Spoke mrs. Bhatt with proud tears in her eyes.

She was a widow who has lost her only daughter at the age of 6. So when Tamanna came along it was like god had blessed her with her long lost daughter. After few weeks of Tamanna's stay in the hotel she had urged Tamanna to move into her little cottage near the sea side with her. Tamanna had profusely refused at first but finally gave in as she realised how much it meant to mrs. Bhatt. Tamanna insisted she pay the rent for her stay though. When mrs. Bhatt refused to accept it, Tamanna declared she can only stay if she was the only one responsible for buying house hold things to which mrs. Bhatt reluctantly agreed. And so Tamanna had finally found a place she could call home in true sense of the word.

Today had been an excellent day for Tamanna as 2 of her painting had been sold. So she had decided to treat mrs. Bhatt with her cooking skills.

"You are exception at cooking Tamanna. You will make some man very happy one day." Complimented mrs. Bhatt.

The compliment brought back memories of that one man whom Tamanna had given her heart to, who shattered it ruthlessly in a way that she never fully recovered from it.

Sensing the paleness of her face mrs. Bhatt said," you are good lady, Tamanna. I know some Devil has broken your heart in a way that it can't be mended. I wish someday you will tell me the name of your devilish husband so that I can put him to right. Truly beta he knows not what he has lost." Mrs. Bhatt tried to smile as she touched cheeks and pulled her into a motherly hug.

"I am forever grateful to you aunty for showering me with such immense love something to which I had been a stranger all my life." Mumured Tamanna . "But now I will neither repent nor revel in the past as it's the future that beckons me." She spoke as she forced a smiled on her face.

"Tathastu." Mrs. Bhatt smiled giving Tamanna her heartfelt blessings.

"Enough of the of this emotional talks. Now I want you to finish the complete thing Tamanna. You are too thin for your own good." Reprimanded mrs. Bhatt, to which Tamanna simply stuck out her tongue and laughed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tamanna checked the contents of her bag as she left the grocery store.

"It's been too long since I baked a cake Jenny." She exclaimed excitedly as she and Jenny walked along the street towards mrs. Bhatt's store. Jenny was an assistant there and Tamanna's new friend.

"Can't wait to taste it Tamanna mrs. Bhatt is all praises for your cooking. How come you haven't invited me over supper yet?" Teased Jenny.

"Well , then madam, you are most cordially invited to join us for diner tonite. Is that a satisfactory invitation for you Jenny?" Mocked Tamanna as as she batted her lashes trying to make a cute face.

Jenny just stuck her tongue out. "very well then. Now race me to the store." Making a dash for the store that was just a block away.

Panting heavily they both reached the store where Tanamma's bid Jenny and mrs. Bhatt goodbye and proceeded towards home.

She greeted their friendly old neighbour with a smile before she entered the house.

"Good evening mr. Pattison. We are having a small get together tomorrow evening. Hope would you like to join us."

"You are a breath of fresh air in this old and dull neighbourhood Tamanna. I would love to join you and mrs. Bhatt tomorrow. Do you think she would like roses or carnation?" Replied mr. Pattison with a twinkling smile.

To that Tamanna laughed out loud making mr. Pattison blush.

"She would like anything you get for her, you know. Oh c'on why don't you just propose her already. I know mrs. Bhatt won't say no." Tamanna teased him with a wink.

"You really think so my dear?!" Asked mr. Pattison nervously.

"Yes. I can be certain of that. Now I better get going. All the very best to you sir." She smile as she bid him goodbye and entered the house.

"Did you know someone has been to hell and back looking for you?!" A very familiar voice made Tamanna jump with the realisation of intrusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys ... Sorry this chapter was supposed to be updated last weekend but have been very ill these past few days.....

Well someone's found Tanamma .... Wonder who might that be.... Hmmmm....

I want to thank you for all my readers for their comments and votes.... Please keep voting and commenting....
Loads of love to you all.....