Chapter-3

"Hello?" Adiraj answered his mobile groggily. He had landed in India a day before and was still tired and jet lagged.
" Adiraj. Were you sleeping?" Boomed the voice of Mr. Ranveer Singhal. Adiraj bolted up from his bed sensing the tone of his father's voice. "Do you know what time is it? I was expecting you here at the function 3 hours ago." His father snapped at him.

" I am not really interested in all these ceremonies dad. I came here for the wedding and I will attend that ceremony. Moreover I am still a bit tired from the journey." He spoke trying to stifle a yawn. Who has a wedding so far that the guest have to fly for more than 20 hours to reach the venue, he mentally cursed Varun.

"Listen son. I don't know what you came here for . But I came here for 2 reasons. First is to make more profitable connections and the second I am sure you won't care about and that is for the happiness of my oldest and only friend." Spoke Ranveer Singhal.

"If not for the later be here by 7 pm for the first, which gives you exactly 2 hours to get your lazy ass of the bed and get dressed." Harshly concluded his father and hung up the phone.

Cursing his father, his best friend and every possible person he could think of at that point Adiraj got off the bed and started getting dressed. SAANGEET, he thought, damn it's going to be a long boring night.

----------------------------------

"Oh I am soooo excited about today's function Nidhi!" Exclaimed Tamanna as she twirled in front of the mirror. She was wearing a pink lehenga with backless choli. Turning towards Nidhi, she suddenly felt overwhelmed. "I can't believe the months flew by so quickly Nidhi. Your are getting married tomorrow and leaving me for USA. How will I survive without you. I am gonna miss you so very much. Can't imagine what's it's gonna be like without you around to share everything with." She said with tears in her eyes.

"Hey! I thought melodrama was my forte." Nidhi tried to cheer Tamanna up. " and you never know someone might catch your eyes during my wedding and you might soon be married yourself. Varun has a lot of friends coming over from L.A. you see." She winked at Tamanna.

"You mean catch my parents' eye." Tamanna laughed sarcastically. " but I do not mind that you know, arrange marriage and all. I believe there is no definite time for love, it can happen anytime. Marriage does not necessarily stand on the same plane." She continued.

Just then Nidhi's mother entered the room saying she needed to check on Nidhi before they went downstairs and that Tamanna mother was expecting Tamanna downstairs for the festivities.

----------------------------------------------

Tamanna was rushing down the stairs when she felt her dupatta pulling her back. Just as she turned around to see what's happening her heel slipped and she fell. That's it, I doomed, She thought when same moment she felt a pair of strong arms around her waist saving her from that impending fall.

She opened her eyes to thank her rescuer, but her words got caught in her throat as her her collided with those same green eyes that she had dreamed of all her life.

She was still in a daze when he helped her with her dupatta, gave her a curt nod and left. All she could think about was his smile and those eyes...... Those fierce green eyes! Oh my!!!!

She mentally cursed herself later embarrassed that he might think of her as a silly star struck teenager. Tamanna kept replaying the whole episode again and again, thinking of the things she could have said.

-----------------------------------

Adiraj was still trying to recover his thoughts from what had just happened as he entered the cards room. One moment he was walking towards the terrace for some fresh air, trying to escape an irritating lady who was desperately trying to fix him up with her daughter, and the next moment he saw a girl tripping from the staircase. His automatic reflex was to save her from that fall. Till that point he was ok.