Chapter - 15 Compromises

Adiraj sat in his office staring at the mail he had just received from his father's personal assistant regarding the change in the travel plans. He wondered how Tamanna would take the news. Knowing her relationship with her father he knew she would be upset about it. She had hardly had time settling in after being away for so long, 'and now this family drama' he thought, 'hope she can cope up with it all. For she won't ask me for help for sure.' He snorted.

Adiraj didn't care about Mr. Navlakha or his family. He couldn't care less about what opinion they formed. He was far too used to people forming opinions about him, being prejudicial. The paparazzi had taught him well that people look at you with the shades they have on and not for what you are. So he had learned not to care for those who don't matter. But he knew it would affect Tamanna for she was quite naive to the complexities of people.

A soft knock on the door brought him out of his thought. He asked his personal assistant to come in, sure it could only be her, given the instructions he had left for not to be disturbed.

"Sir, would you like me to get the car readied for you?" Betty inquired.

"No Betty. I will be staying here for some more time. You can call it a day. Just leave the Anderson file copies ready in the conference room ready for the early morning meeting tomorrow before you leave."

"Done that sir. I will see you tomorrow then. Goodnight." Betty smiled and turned to leave when Adiraj called back.

"Wait. Betty. Actually call Toby before you leave. I need to get some urgent work done."

"Has something broken down in your office, sir." Betty was confused as she looked around the impeccable office that had been just restored after the morning outburst.

"No. Don't worry about the office. I am done wrecking my office for the day today." Adiraj almost laughed looking at a very frightened and confused Betty. "It's for some personal work."

"Alright sir. Will that be all?" After receiving an affirmative nod from Adiraj, Betty left the office closing the door behind her.

Within minutes of her departure the phone in the office rang and it was Toby, the contractor on the line. Adiraj smile at the competence of his assistant and made a mental note to talk to the account department about her raise.

"Hello, sir. I have been informed you need to get some work done at your house." Asked a jolly voice.

"Yes. What I need is your complete team who can get a certain work done in a day."

"In a day, sir?!"

"Yes. A day. So I expect you to be at my house at 11:00 a.m."

"Alright sir. The estimate ..... Never mind sir. I will be there, ready to begin the work." Toby was about to discuss the cost for the work to be done but he knew Adiraj Singhal too well to know money was never an issue with the tycoon.

Adiraj leaned back in his chair thinking why he was doing this for Tamanna. 'may be it's because she too is a victim of our fathers' schemes.' He thought. What ever may be the reason, but he knew he needed to get his room remodelled. Tamanna would never agree to share a room with him after his misdeeds. And her father would never leave her in peace if he thought Tamanna's marriage might fail due to her lack in wifely duties. He simply wanted to make things a less complicated by offering a solution that is acceptable to her. Remodelling his room he thought would a brilliant solution. Now only trouble was to convince her to move in.

A new email caught his attention. It was his lawyer, Rishi, sending him updated notes for the Anderson deal. He quickly browsed through the files satisfied with the watertight case Rishi had prepared to seal the deal. He closed his eyes now burning with the day's stress and strain,slowly rubbed his temples trying to relive the stress. He had ignored his business for past 6 months due to which the Anderson deal had almost slipped out of his hands. But thanks to the efforts put in by Rishi, who was competing with Adiraj for ruthless title, had kept hold on things. He needed to seal the deal tomorrow or it might cost him a millions of dollars in addition to a year of resources wasted.