Chapter - 19 Tangled hearts

Adiraj paced his office fuming over Tamanna's ignorance. He had reached his office about an hour ago and had asked Betty to cancel all his pending meetings for the day and was now wearing out a trail in his office carpet.

'How can she be so ingnorant? Damn her... Damn her to hell.'

He picked up his crystal glass again and gulped the remaining liquid down in one go. He wanted to drown his frustrations and disappointments with his drinks but he was failing miserably. Just when he was about to pour himself another drink a soft click of his door interrupted him.

"Betty I don't think you value your job here, did I not tell you not to bother me for the rest of the day?" He snapped without looking at the unwanted intruder.

"It me, sweetie. I could sense your anxiety from miles away, driving me closer towards you to soothe your tensions, Adi."
Adiraj froze with anger. He needed an object to vent his anger upon but to vent it on a woman, even though it was a loose soul like Veronica, it certainly was beneath him. If there was something Adiraj prided himself for, then it was that he would never physically harm a woman. Bedding them however was a different issue, they came to him like a moth to a flame. He never actually had deceived a woman either.

"Veronica, I think I had made it impeccably clear to you last time that you are not welcome here anymore." Adiraj spoke through his gritted teeth.

"Adi honey. C'on you and I both know this chemistry between us." She moved close to him and was now standing an inch away from him. "You feel this Adi. This heat between us." She slyly glided her hands over his upper arms, caressing his strong jawline seductively then moving her hands down to rest on his chest trying to make his heart race with desire. She cursed inwards when she sensed his heart immune to her charms but continued regardless.

"This need within you. Why fight it Adi when we both know that your wife can never satisfy your voracious appetite."

Veronica inched the gap between them as she locked her lips with Adiraj to prove what she had just stated. Adiraj felt so disgusted with Veronica's proximity to him that the moment she kissed him he grabbed her by her arms and shoved her back. Veronica tumbled back on the couch in shock but she recovered quite swiftly, before her lips broke into an artful smile. For a moment Adiraj thought her eyes were focused on something behind him but he discarded that thought thinking it was his imagination. Veronica got up from the couch pretending to straighten her dress and walked out of his ajar office door with a satisfied smile.

Adiraj wondered what had caused her sudden mood swing but then again he abandoned the thought reprimanding himself she was not worth his time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tamanna had reached home in a foul mood. She had raced through L.A. traffic while her way to Adiraj's office after the lunch encounter. She needed answers from Adiraj over his sudden display of affections.

'May be it's not a huge deal for him but to me it means a lot. I need to know if he was being sincere or just another one his gimmicks.' She thought as she screeched on the brakes finally reaching her destination.

Tamanna didn't want to cause a scene in his office so she decided to use the private elevator that leads straight to Adiraj's private floor. But the moment Tamanna had arrived on floor that had Adiraj's cabin, she regretted. She would never forget the way that girl clung on to Adiraj as they kissed, his hands on her arms and her hands around his neck. It was a sight that she had caught for a fraction of a second, just as the door of the elevator opened display her husband's infidelity. She quickly pushed closed the elevator door as anger, pain, disappointed crept through her.