Chapter - 12 So we meet again....

"Did you know someone has been to hell and back looking for you?!" A very familiar voice made Tamanna jump with the realisation of intrusion.

"A....Adi.... Adiraj?" Tamanna whispered as she froze, she didn't not need to turn around to know who it was. She took a deep breath to recover from her shock and turned around to face him.

'Finally' he thought the word rolling out more like the prayer of a desperate man. His eyes raked over her finally settling down into the cold stare of her eyes.

Tamanna never thought she would see a day when Adiraj looked troubled or distraught. And now here he was in a place where she had finally found her peace. She tried to peel her eyes off him but in vain. He looked tired, the dark shadows clearly visible under his eyes. His unshaven face was hooded with a mask that didn't allow her to understand the turmoil within him.

"How did you get in here?" She asked trying hard to control her anger from surfacing.

"Just a few trick of the trade." Grinned Adiraj. When he saw his response was met with a death glare from Tamanna he continued. " ok fine. I bribed your maid."

"Knew that girl could never be trusted." Angrily muttered Tamanna.

"So..."

"Get out!" Before Adiraj could speak Tamanna snapped.

"Listen. Just listen to me once okay. Tamanna all this while I have been waiting for the moment when I could sincerely apologise to you. I never....."

Tamanna raised her hand to stop him before he could complete.

"I said leave before I call the cops." She lashed out at him.

To her surprise Adiraj simply pulled out his mobile from his trouser pockets made a call saying "get in" and simply leaned on the window frame.

Tamanna was confused as to what was happening when she heard a faint voice.

"Tamanna?"

"Nidhi, Varun! Oh Nidhi!" Tamanna gasped as she turned around to see her best friends. She reached over to Nidhi and hugged her tight. "But how come you are here?"

"I expected you to throw me out so I called for back up." Adiraj spoke with a lopsided grin.

"Oh shut up Adiraj!" Nidhi elbowed him and continued. "He begged us to come along fearing you won't even look at him."

To that Adiraj groaned throwing his hands in the air." Ya right! I begged!" He snorted. While Varun simply at his friend's embarrassment.

Nidhi ignored them and led Tamanna to the couch.

"Oh Tamanna! You have no idea what we have been through these past months. SIX months Tamanna SIX months." Nidhi hugged her again now with tears in eyes.

" I am sorry Nidhi. I...."

"Shhhh..... No need to say sorry or anything... I am just glad you are safe." Nidhi comforted her friend.

Adiraj watched the exchange between Nidhi and Tamanna but couldn't register what they were saying as he was too busy taking in Tamanna's face, her voice. He would never agree to the fact that he missed her his ego got better of him there but she surely was a sight for his sore eyes.

"Are you gona start heaving sighs and tear up?!" Comically whispered Varun.

"Bloody hell with you Varun. Just shut the f*** up" retorted Adiraj. He then moved towards the kitchen when Tamanna noticed him again.

"What do you want? And why are you still in my house?" Fired Tamanna.

"Just trying to fix a drink" he said innocently.