Chapter - 10 Remorse and daze

It had taken Adiraj just 4 hours to find out every possible detail about Matthew and now him and Varun were on their way to Matthew's office.

"Listen Adi, we don't know if he helped Tamanna or not. So don't be judgmental and accuse him of anything. Moreover if he hasn't helped her then he might come in handy in helping us find her." Varun advised hoping to calm the seething Adiraj down.
"Ok" snapped Adiraj 'as if I need that dandy to find my own wife' he smirked sarcastically.

In next 10 mins, Adiraj barged into Matthew's office without warning as Matthew's secretary hurried behind him trying to stop him.

Matthew was in his office going through his schedule files when his office door burst open and a man entered forcefully with his secretary in hot pursuit.

"What is the meaning of this?" Matthew asked looking rather annoyed with a stranger walking in unannounced.

"Where the hell is my wife, Wilson?" Demanded Adiraj

"Wife?! Who the hell are you?!" Retorted Matthew , "and what gives you the right to invade my office in this most uncivil manner. Suzy don't just stand there get security." Matthew shouted at his secretary furious with her incompetency.

"You claim not knowing me but I believe you are well aquatinted with my wife, Mrs. Tamanna Singhal." Adiraj snarled emphasising on 'Mrs'.j

"Tamanna?! Oh! I am sorry Mr. Singhal. I didn't recognise you. But I still don't understand what gives you the right to break in this way?" Matthew was totally confused now.

"Cut this pretence, Wilson. I am asking you for the last time. Where the bloody hell is my wife?" Adiraj growled as he stepped closer to Matthew.

Varun tried to hold him back but he raised a hand and the look of his face told Varun to stay clear.

"What do you mean, mr. Singhal?" Matthew was loosing his temper now. "How dare you just walk in my office an make such accusations? Have you forgotten I am a lawyer?"

"And have you forgotten that I am the legally wedded husband of the lady you helped in elopement?"

"Listen, I don't really know what you think right now. But what I do care about is the fact which I now understand, that Tamanna has gone missing. And I believe you are to blame for it?" Matthew inquired trying to understand this beastly man his sweet innocent friend had been married to.

"I read people well, mister. I can see you seething in your guilt. I know now why Tamanna never talked about the blooming romance as that was expected after your 'arranged marriage'. And now you have driven her away?" He hissed as he fisted his hands, glaring at Adiraj.

"You are too shallow a person to understand the purity of her friendship to me. But I am no saint mister. So let me tell you this. If I find Tamanna before you do don't be so sure I am gona let her come back to you. She deserves better than you." Matthew continued with a challenging tone.

With a swing of a fist Adiraj broke Matthew's nose. Varun quickly pulled him back but looking at bloodied face of Matthew, Varun knew the damage was done.

They left the building leaving the security and staff perplexed as to why did their boss not insist on detaining them duo. But Matthew had bigger problems at hand. He needed to find Tamanna and quick before she was lost to the wretched city L.A. was. He knew it was wrong to cause. A deception about his and Tamanna relationship but he had felt this strong urge to hurt his frnd's husband for causing her enough pain that she run away.

He quickly picked up the phone and started dailing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Veronica stepped on accelerator impatianly as she drove her way though the busy streets of L.A. She was anxious to reach Singhal mansion. This was the place she had dreamt about being the mistress of one day since the first time she had been introduced to Adiraj. It had been 5 years now, she felt like she was almost there when the news of him getting married broke her taking her from blissful heaven to the land of shattered dream.