Chapter - 28

Once he made sure Tamanna was comfortable in their suite Adiraj had headed off to his study, leaving her to the sanctity of her bedroom. He had a lot on his mind today. Necessary details to be taken care of after cutting Rishi off. Although the money he had stolen was easily recovered from Rishi's off shore accounts but that wasn't enough for Adiraj. He had planned it all in a way that Rishi and everyone associated with him would repent the day Rishi crossed the line with Adiraj. Then also there was Veronica. Seeing her with Marcelo today had bothered him. He knew Veronica well enough to know that the shopping incidence was not a coincidence and the fact she had teamed up with his arc rival was enough to drive him to the edge.

But the thought that had haunted him the most today was his mother. It had been years since anyone had ever mentioned his mother to him. Tamanna's innocent inquiry had set into motion a chain of memories that he had buried deep within him long ago, memories that filled his heart with pain as rage crept through his body gripping his heart in despair.

Adiraj pushed his chair back and marched over to the drinks counter. He poured himself a generous measure of whisky and strolled to the large floor to ceiling glass window that offered a beautiful view of the city. Today his mind was otherwise occupied to enjoy the breathtaking bird's-eye views.

The discreet tone of his desk phone interrupted his thoughts. Adiraj walked back to his desk to answer the phone mentally cursing his assistant for disturbing him against his strict instructions not to do so.

"What ever it is, I am unavailable." He barked through without giving the person a chance to speak and hung up.

Adiraj was too engrossed in his thoughts to be bothered with things today and his study was his place of solace. He didn't want to express his anxieties infront of Tamanna. He was just getting her to trust him. With her he thought he was in a happy place but deep within his heart he knew he craved for love. And why shouldn't he feel this way. He spent his life watching his parents quarrel while his best friend was being bestowed by all the parental admiration and affection in the world. He knew he had been overly jealous of the love Varun's parents showered him with. Then where was he at fault, he would always ask himself.

And now after all these years he found a woman whom he fell in love with only to have lost her earlier by his demented ideas of marriage and women. He bent down to open the bottom drawer of his desk and pulled out an old photo frame. It was the only family picture he had, the only one that had his mother and father together holding him. Though the picture did not reflect happiness in the eyes of his parents but still they were bound together for the sake of their only son.

'Thanks for ruining my life mom. I really do hope you are rotting in hell." He hissed emanating enough hatred.

"Now aren't you totally reading my mine." A cynical voice made Adiraj to look up.

Adiraj boiled at the nerve of Rishi for barging into his office. Arnanldo, his assistant looking petrified trying to hold back Rishi.

"Signore, please you can't? Security?" Arnaldo yelled restraining Rishi with his hands to move further into the study.

"Arnaldo. It's alright. You can leave. I will handle it from here." Adiraj dismissed his assistant and motioned him to close the door as he left.

"So Mr Verma? To what do I owe this pleasure of having you here today?" Adiraj spoke in a cool calculated voice leaning back in his chair. He placed both his hands on the armrest as he laced his fingers together in front of him.

"You scoundrel. You bastard. I hope you rot in hell." Rishi screeched, fisting his hands into punches.

A smug look descended over Adiraj's face as he looked at Rishi seething with anger.