Chapter - 18 Clumsy romance

'May be I over did it with the note' he thought as he paced around in his office. It had been 2 hours since he had sent the bouquet and he was sure she would have received it by now.

'Then why hasn't she called yet?' Adiraj raked his hands through his hair pacing around in his office trying to think and rethink over the image of Tamanna, when she would have received that bouquet. He had never in his life sent a girl flowers, let alone write something for her.

'Ok fine I dint exactly create the words but the writing is mine so technically it's I who wrote it' he huffed. He finally stopped wearing off his office carpet to fix himself a strong coffee. He had spent the night drinking away, trying to overcome the compelling need to take Tamanna in his arms and love her in a way no man has ever done before. But the only thing the whiskey had helped him with was to give him a sound heave this morning. He took a sip of the strong expresso trying to focus on work rather than things Tamanna had said and done, or mostly the way she felt in his arms.

Rishi's knock on his door brought him to the present world.

"Sir, the board is ready for your briefing." Rishi looked quizzically at his boss wondering whether his employer had taken a leave of his senses, rumbling to himself in am empty office.

"I will be ther in 5, Rishi. You go ahead." Before rishi's could question him Adiraj quickly dismissed him. He needed to concentrate on his work. This deal was going to put him at the top of the textile market as well.

"Focus Adi. Focus. You have got Anderson exactly where you wanted him. It's time for that legendary trademark kill. Just focus in the meeting today and stop fretting over Tamanna for some time now." He muttered aloud reprimanding himself. With that he took a deep breath and walked over to the conference room.

The meeting was just the usual drag for Adiraj with Rishi blabbering about how the profits will soar after we officially take over Anderson textiles, how their warehouses can be turned into Mass production houses which will finally escalate the company share value.

After the briefing Adiraj went to the washrooms where he encountered the elder Mr. Anderson, who was trying to wash off his face with water but the red eyes gave him away.

"Sorry son. Didnt really see you there." Mr. Anderson said trying to avoid eye contact as if to shield his despair. Adiraj was surprised when he felt a stab of guilt in his heart looking at this gullible old man trying to put a brave front infront of the sharks who are eating away his company, he was known to be ruthless and cold, yet something had changed.

"Mr. Anderson. Are you alright?"

"I am about to loose a company that my grandfather started to you, my fellow. No matter how big a visionary with Midas touch, the Forbes calls you it's still painful to loose ones beloved because I couldn't take in the changing world dynamics, pretty much against my Thomas' wishes. Now look where it got me." He smiled sadly and left . Adiraj simply stood here for a moment trying to realise why he was suddenly feeling sad for that old fellow. But he had that urge to do something. Make things right, may be.

He marched out to the conference room and spotted mr. Anderson slouching in the farthest chair at the back.

"Mr. Anderson, sir if you don't mind I wish to have a private audience with you and Thomas." He looked across the table directly addressing the two Andersons, ignoring the bantering from Rishi about the delay in signing the document.

Everyone in the room simply froze as they stared at Adiraj like he had grown an extra pair of limbs. Rishi broke the silence and walked over to Adiraj.

"Sir. What is the meaning of this? This wasn't a part of our conference agenda." He whispered.

"Are you telling me, Rishi that I have to follow a fixed script in my own company and I can't change the rules if I feel the need to do so?" Adiraj asked is a stone cold voice that sent chills down rishi's spine.