Chapter - 8

The encounter with Adiraj had left Tamanna in daze for most part of the day. 'Going out with Adiraj!' She kept sighing. This was her first ever social appearance with her husband and if she wanted to make her marriage work this was the first step towards that.

She called up Nidhi to inform and was pleased to learn that Nidhi would be in attendance. Tamanna declined the Nidhi's offer to help her with the preps. 'I need to be perfect for him tonite. So I will need to myself.' She made a mental note.

Just as she was pondering over how to plan the day ahead , there was a soft knock on the door.

"Please come in"

"Good morning, ma'am" greeted Sita as she entered the room. "Sir left this envelope for you And has told me to assist you with any thing you might need."

"I thought you were the kitchen maid, Sita." Inquired Tamanna.

"Looks like now, I have been promoted ma'am. But only if you approve of it." Smiled Sita and shrugged.

"Of course, I do. Now give me that envelope before I come there and snatch it off your hands." Laughed Tamanna.

Tamanna quickly opened the envelope to find a credit card and a note inside-

"incase you need to go shopping"
- Adiraj

"Hmmm .... How unromantic" pouted Tamanna. "Guess I need to knock in the romantic bone in you mister."

Sita's giggling made Tamanna realised she had spoken her thoughts aloud and she blushed at that.

"Now don't just stand there, help me find a dress for the evening." She said shyly.

Together they went through Tamanna wardrobe, trying various dresses, various looks, finally deciding upon a pale peach evening gown. It was one of her own creations and her favourite as well.

"Ma'am, may I book the salon appointment for you?" Sita inquired when Tamanna nodded she left the room to complete the chore taking the dress with her to make it ready for the evening.

An hour later Tamanna was heading down the Beverly Hills to the 'Jonathan and George salon'.

"It's where the celebs go ma'am. And please forgive me for being out spoken but as your first outing with sir, you need to have the best of the best." Sita had told her hesitantly.

Tamanna had not felt offend with the forwardness, she was rather touched with the emotion Sita felt for her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hours of pampering and priming Tamanna was finally satisfied with herself when she looked in the mirror. Her stylist Sandrine was rather alluring and enchanted with the idea of a new bride out on a 'first date' as she termed it, with her husband. She had tried different hair styles till they finally settled on leaving the hair open with soft cascading curls. They make was kept to bare minimum giving a more natural and 'inner glow' kind of look which she assured was a rage on the red carpet this year.

Tamanna now standing in front of the mirror was awed with the way she had been transformed.

"No wonder these actresses look so fabulous all the time, Sita. Look at what she's done with a plain jane like me??!!"she laughed

"You underestimate yourself,ma'am. I can vouch for the fact that the stylist dint need to put in a lot of efforts." Sita smiled back.

Tamanna gazed back into the mirror again. She was wearing her lustrous pearl beaded peach evening gown which moulded over her torso beautifully complementing her feminine shape. The style was such that it had sheer over the shoulders displaying her delicate collarbones and the fabric flowed down in layers of satin with upper lining of sheer giving it the most ethereal look. Tamanna teamed it up with pearl and peach stilettos, her prada crystal cluster clutch and pearl and diamond earring, watch and thick bracelet.