𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐨

L I A R

L I A R .
act 1, scene 8.

INÉS HAD BEEN at the police station for 8 hours. She had been in the interrogation room with the Inspector for a mere 25 minutes and she felt as if she had told all there was to tell.

But there was more to the story of Marina Nunier's death than any teenager could comprehend.

Every day of Inés' life seemed to pass before her as she imagined what she could have changed to avoid such a unfortunate ending to a bright girls life. If their father's weren't corrupt, the roof of San Estaban wouldn't have fallen in. If the roof didn't fall in, the scholarship students would never have moved to Las Encinas.

If Samuel García hadn't moved to her school, Inés would never have fallen in love with him and helped Marina steal her best friend's father's watches to save his family from sinking, in turn sinking her own.

──── T H R E E MONTHS EARLIER

THE SCHOOL DAY after Nano had stolen the watches was eerily quiet

THE SCHOOL DAY after Nano had stolen the watches was eerily quiet. It seemed like everyone in the world was ignoring Inés apart from Ander, who noticed she was eating alone and invited her to watch his tennis match. It came as no surprise, as they often watched the other perform.

The invite was welcomed graciously today, as not only was she extremely lonely eating her cold pasta alone, but she had started to wonder whether Marina had told someone about what they had done.

It was unlike Teo to not tell anyone that the watches had been stolen, and her father hadn't mentioned anything since the event, so Inés could only speculate what was happening. She had been trying to subtly bring it up to Samu, but she couldn't seem to fond him anywhere.

All the thoughts clouding her head needed urgent expulsion, so instead of staying to practise piano like she usually would, Inés headed home after school. Upon arriving at an empty house, she decided to go for a jog to clear her head.