9. Cellphones

Believe it or not after me and Oreo came out to the world that we were dating, and things never changed. No one looked at us different, no one said anything... It was... weird.
When me and Oreo walked down the streets, I looked to see if people were staring, making faces, or mummering anything under their voices. Not a soul spoke a word.

It was like a ghost town. People didn't care that me and him were dating.

If only any of that was true.

Sadly most of it wasn't.

The 'no one looked at us different' part was true, but everyone had their input on how they felt about us.

Sometimes we would walk past kids, not even trying to be belligerent, they would all huddle up and scruntch up their faces, and say,"Ewwwk! They gay!!", and all of them would laugh and look at us.

This isn't us. We aren't that nasty gay couple that go around always in drama. That wasn't.... us.

Nevermind the fact that even the word of me and Oreo was spreading to people's home, it was the fact that even the children were getting involved! Children forced to hate something they can't even understand!

The people of New Jersey have a way of making people seem lesser to feel better. If you drive a BMW, your neighbor needs a Mercedes Benz all of a sudden. It's always a competition about whose better.

One day me and Oreo go to a store in my neighborhood to get some philly cheese steaks, which in cost $2.50. Unbeatable. I know.

We get to the store corner and there are boys surrounding the store. All looking like they can talk shit fluently, but in school have problems reading one paragraph! I don't understand how the prettiest, most well dressed, coolest, people in the entire school, be the absolute dumbest!

As soon as we get close by the door the whole gang of the corner standers were staring at us. When we go to open the door someone spits in front of the door and starts laughing.

One of them looks white. And his body is camouflaged in tattoos. You would think he would've been in a biker gang or something.

When Oreo reaches for the door the white looking what puts his foot in front of the door, and leans closer in on Oreo to say," Sei un fottuto frocio ! Si vergogna tuoi genitori , che probabilmente avete rinnegato te !

" Sapete chi è mio padre , non essere stupido " , and all of a sudden the corner stander look confused, but try to fake like they knew what he said, they didn't have to they knew it was an insult.

It meant that Oreo was a "fucking faggot", and that his parent," probably already disowned him." Oreo turned red and grabbed the other boy hand so quick he could've killed them all in 20 seconds if he wanted to!

He pulled the tattoo dude close and said," Sapete chi è mio padre . Non essere stupido .", which means "you know who my father is, don't be stupid." Oreo's dad was in the mob, and was high rank. His dad never came to Jersey much, but when he did, you knew he was there.

Sometimes the police would escort him around town, and even close blocks if he wanted. And never paid a dime. Which is also why his father doesn't like me. But if his son is happy, and quiet, it's really nothing he can do.

The boy takes the warning with good heed and tells his corner friends to back off cause his dad's in the mob.

You DO NOT want to fuck with the mafia.