Chapter 27

After 20 minutes of hiking through the windless tunnels we found our way to the lair.

"Erik, we're here." I said.

"Tamara wait! I'm still not so sure this is a good idea!" My sister urged.

"I can assure you Tamara is in safe hands." A loud voice said from behind us. "The question is, why are you here?" The Phantom asked.

"Sorry, I should have told you before I brought them down here, but we are all here to help you." I said.

I made me way up to Erik so that I was standing right in front of him. He grabbed my hand and lightly kissed it. "If you trust them, that's good enough for me." He said.

"Great! Now that that's settled let's start brainstorming!" I exclaimed.

The five of us gathered around The Phantoms piano going through all the possibilities. We were all going through the events telling it from our perspective and what we saw. As Jen was walking through her events I started to feel The Phantoms hands that started on my shoulders which was making it's way down my vertebrae. His hand then reached my lower back stayed for a while. I could feel his hand starting to reach my ass but all of the sudden we could see Karissa staring daggers at us.

"Eww stop! Just because I've accepted that you guys are together doesn't mean I want to see it!" Karissa broke out.

"What? We were weren't doing anything." I stated defensively. The Phantoms hands were raised in the air trying to prove her wrong but we were not fooling anyone.

"I have one rule if you guys are going to continue to see each other. No kissing, or at least no kissing when we are in your line of vision." Karissa said.

"Alright, alright that's fair," I said.

All of the sudden we could hear people talking and water splashing. Erik looked terrified, he looked for somewhere to hide but he was out of luck.

My voice was shaky but I gathered up the courage to as "Who's there?"

"Yeah, whoever you are I'm warning you we've been trained in the ancient art of origami." Jen stayed bravely.

"Relax it's just me Andrew."

"Andrew, what are you doing here? And where's Jason?" I asked in disbelief.

"Sorry guys I tried to stop him but he got away from. And Dang Tamara! Is this your Phantom lover? Get it girl!" Jason nodded with agreement.

"That's totally fine Jason and you know it baby," I said giving Jason a wink. "Also, Andrew what are you doing here?"

"I came to see if you all were alright. Plus I've been suspicious of you guys for awhile and wanted to know what you were hiding." He answered.

"You're not going to tell anyone are you?" I asked.

"No! I just want to help and support you guys in any way I can. And also Jen, origami? Isn't that just paper folding?" Andrew asked.

Jen turned beat red while the rest of us chuckled at her. "Oh I was hoping you didn't know what it was. Anyways I knew we safe because Tamara here knows unagi." Jen responded.

"Haha yeah I do, but now that we've cleared the air we have to find a way to prove The Phantoms innocence without giving up his hiding spot," I said getting us back on track.

"So the evidence they have so far is the rose, Christine accusation, and the fact that he was hung the exact same way The Phantom did when he use to kill people. This isn't looking to good for you I believe." Andrew said.