Chapter 13

"You can't be serious!" Rachelle exclaimed in a shocked tone.

"Actually I am." I said determinedly.

"But he's the bad guy." Jen said with a lot of concern in her voice.

"Plus he kidnapped you and is a psychopath." Georgie added in.

"No no no, there's absolutely no way I'm allowing you to do it. Just because you're older doesn't mean you're wiser." Karissa said.

"I don't care I'm still going to take his singing lessons." I responded.

"That's to bad because I'm forbidding you to go." Karissa snapped back.

"You can't tell me what to do."

"Okay guys break it up. Lets be reasonable." Rachelle said coming between my sister and I.

"I am being reasonable! I need a music instructor so why not learn from the best!" I yelled.

"Maybe because he kidnapped you and let's not forget all the people he has hanged." Karissa yelled back. There was a minute of awkward silence before my sister spoke again.

"Look," She said more softly. "We are just worried about and want you to be safe."

"You don't need to worry, I know what I'm doing. If he tries to harm me I can just hit him with some karate moves." I said.

"Ah Tamara you don't know any karate moves." Georgie stated.

"Fine if not karate then I'll protect myself with the practice of unagi." I responded.

"You're going defend yourself with eels?" Jen asked with a confused look on her face.

"No unagi is when you are totally aware of your surroundings." I said. Judging by my friends confused looks I decided to drop the conversation. "That's not important. What is important is that I will be completely safe."

"I'm still not sure about this." Karissa said.

"I really need to do this. This could be my only chance to save my job. I know you are worried but I need you all to trust me on this, I'll be fine." I said almost begging them to let me do this.

My friends all looked at each other and seemed to come up on some sort of agreement.

"Okay you can do this, but be safe." Karissa finally answered.

"Thanks you guys! and don't worry I'll be safe." I said.

"Right because you have the power of unagi." Jen said sarcastically.

"You know it." I said as I winked at them. Well as best as I could wink. It was more of a really bad blink, but it's the thought that counts.

***

After I said goodnight to my friends I headed towards The Phantoms lair. I had to go through the mirror, down the tunnels, and I had to steer that boat I swear is from Hell. Once I got to the lair I docked the boat on the sand beside The Phantom's stuff.

"Hello." I said but I got no answer. "Is anybody here?"

"I've seen you've come back." I heard a voice say in the darkness.

"Yes I have and I actually have something really important to talk about." I said.

The Phantom then came out behind this curtain and jumped right in front of me.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed. "Do not jump out at me again! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"But I see that you are obviously still alive so there's no need to scream. Now what did you want to talk to me about?" He asked.