Chapter 16

The next day I woke up really late. I was so tired from my night before. My friends were already up getting ready for the day.

"Tamara you need to get ready. We need to be up in the rehearsal hall in thirty minutes." Karissa said.

"Why are we meeting in the rehearsal hall?" I asked.

My friends all gave me a weird look. Like I was missing something completely obvious. Then all of a sudden I remembered about the show. My eyes were as big as  saucers and I jumped out of bed.

"I completely forgot that the show was today! How am I going to get ready in time? I need my costume, and my hair and makeup done!" I said.

I started to frantically look for my costume and my makeup. I found my makeup but I couldn't find my costume.

"Who stole my costume. This sucks, this is total bs! Oh wait I found it. It's on the foot of my bed." I said.

"Tamara calm down, you have time to get ready." Georgie said.

"Do I? Do I really have time? Most people take two hours to get ready, not thirty minutes!" I yelled at her.

My friends whimpered back a little bit. I have never yelled at them before so they were all shocked.

"I'm sorry guys I didn't mean to put my anger on you." I apologized.

"It's okay we know he stressed you must feel. We are all done so we will help you as much as we can." Rachelle said.

"Thanks you guys are life savers." I said.

In the next twenty minutes my friends placed my hair in high bun on my head. Then they put on my makeup. I had a dark purple lipstick and smokey black eye shadow. My brown eyebrows were coloured in black.

Rachelle had her hair down and had it straightened. She wore light pink makeup. Georgie had her hair in a pony tail that was curled in ringlets. She had a basic amount of makeup and red lipstick. Since Georgie and Rachelle are working backstage they didn't need as much makeup as the rest of us. They both wore black dresses that hung down their bodies nicely, so they wouldn't be seen backstage.

Karissa had her hair down with curly ringlets over her shoulders. She had brown eye shadow and pink lipstick. She wore a light grey dress that had short sleeves and a puffy skirt. To top her outfit off she had a big hat with lots of feathers on top.

Jen had a couple different costumes like me because she was in different scenes. But she started off with wearing a green crop top that went just past her breasts. She also wore a green skirt that had ripped pieces along the sides. For her makeup she wore brown lipstick and dark green eye shadow that matches her costume.

"Okay Tamara your hair and makeup is done all you need is your costume." Rachelle said.

"Guys we have to be there in ten minutes and I don't want to be late." Karissa said.

"You're right sorry Tamara looks like we will have to leave without you." Jen said.

"That's okay I just have to put my costume on. I shouldn't need help with that." I said.

My friends all waved goodbye and left. I had ten minutes which was plenty of time to put on my dress. Boy was I ever wrong. My first costume was this fancy light green dress. It was tight at the chest and long and lacy at the skirt. It also had vine designs all over it. The opera is set in the woods so all our costumes look like parts of the forest.

I walked over to my dress and started to lift it over me. But then all of a sudden my dress got stuck at my shoulders! The meeting already started which means I was late, and here I am trying to get my dress on. I tried everything but the dress wouldn't move. I pulled at it, I untied the ribbons at the back, but nothing. Lastly I tried to set into it and pulled it up but the dress wouldn't go past my hips.