Chapter seventeen

After the show the entire cast was gathered in the foyer of the opera house. There were a lot of people hanging around after the show to talk to us. All of our parents came to see our first performance, and there were reporters here as well. Jen, Karissa, and I were all talking to each other when this cute reporter walked up to us.

"Hi there I'm Scott Thomas, but everybody calls me Scottie. I'm from the local paper. I was wondering if I could ask you two a couple questions." He said, Scottie was tall and had blonde hair. He had a clean face and a handsome crooked smile.

"No problem. What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Whoa Tamara who's your cute friend?" Georgie asked sneaking up behind me.

"And why haven't you introduced us yet?" Rachelle asked looping her arm in mine.

"This is Scottie and he's interviewing Tamara and I. Now since you're not needed you can scram." Jen said. She sounded a bit harsh but this was our chance to get famous in the industry. So she didn't want them stealing our light.

"My name is Georgie and I'm very single. And the red head here is Rachelle." Georgie said.

Jen rolled her eyes and moved her body to block out them from the circle.

"They work behind the scenes and I believe Scottie was interviewing us." Jen said hinting to Rachelle and Georgie.

"Alright we'll go, talk to me later after you finished talking to them." Georgie said flirting with Scottie.

After they left we continued on with the interview. He asked us how long we were working here and other questions like that. After he finished interviewing us he left to find some other people. A half an hour later the opera house was finally cleared out and we were just waiting for the Smith brothers.

"I'm so nervous."

"Yeah I really don't want to lose my job."

"I'm going to miss working here."

"I'm going to miss the clothing."

"Wait! Are they firing people tonight?" I asked.

"Tamara, haven't you been paying attention to what they've been saying?" Jen asked.

"Yeah they have been saying that they're going to fire people tonight." Rachelle said.

"What! I knew they were going to fire people but I didn't know it would be right after the show. I thought they would wait until tomorrow or at least until the show was over." I said.

"No it's happening tonight. Look here they come now." Karissa said.

"Listen up everyone, before we start firing people I just want to say good job on the performance. We can tell lots of you worked hard. But we still have to let some of you go tonight." Sawyer said.

"The reason some of you are getting fired is not because you did a bad job. It's because we want to head in a different direction. But with a heavy heart we do have to fire some people." Derek said.

Then they started to read names off a list. Most of the people they fired weren't surprising at all. They did fire Megs mom and you could tell her and Meg were upset. So far they hadn't said any of our names yet.

"The next person getting fired is Georgie who works with props. Again we are sorry to fire you but we don't need so many people working in props." Sawyer said.

"We already have Andrew working there as well so we don't need you. You need to pack up your things and move out by tomorrow." Derek said really harshly.