Chapter 21

The next day we were on our way to the chants eylsees. Since I wasn't going to get a chance to talk to the Phantom today I went down last night. I told him that everybody had to wear a costume for the ball. He said he would think about it, which probably means no.

We all had a couple hours until the show so Karissa and Jen were forcing me to go shopping. This was also one of the only times we were able to visit the heart of Paris so Jen was yelling out everything she saw.

"Look the Eiffel Tower! Or as the French would call it Le Tour Eiffel." Jen said.

"Can we stop to see it?" I asked.

"Nice try Tamara, we know you just want to get out of shopping." Karissa said.

"No I really want to see it." I urged.

"Yeah me too!" Jen exclaimed.

"Jen you want to see everything we pass." Rachelle said.

"Not true, I didn't want to stop at that book store Tamara wanted to." She said.

"But you did want to stop when we pasted Notre Dome, l'Arch de Triumph, the thinker statue, and the Louvre." Karissa said.

"Sorry if I'm excited to see some of this cities national cites." Jen pouted.

"Maybe later, right now we have to get costumes. We only have a limited amount of time." Karissa said.

"Look here's the street we want!" Rachelle said.

We paid the carriage driver and started walking down the street. We looked in some of the windows of the stores. My friends wanted to go in every store but I complained and we didn't go in them. Finally we all agreed on a store to shop in.

"Look at all the bright coloured dresses!" Karissa exclaimed.

"And look at the all price tags. We can't afford any of these dresses." I said.

"That doesn't mean we can't try them on." Jen said.

"Aren we shopping for costumes?" Rachelle asked.

"Our costume may involve a dress so we should still look." Karissa said.

"Lots of the dresses are covered in lace so they are a bit see through." I said.

"We should all try one on." Jen said.

"No, there're so inappropriate. If we wore those we would be known as the town whores!" Karissa said.

"Karissa is right, it wouldn't be proper." Rachelle agreed.

"I'm not saying we have to buy them I just think it would be fun to try it on." Jen said defensively.

"I am interested to see how they look like." I said.

"I guess it wouldn't be that bad if we tried them on." Karissa said.

"It's settled then we will try on the slutty dresses." Jen said.

Jen grabbed a black one for herself, a orange one for Rachelle, a light pink dress for Karissa, and a white dress for myself. I put on the dress and was shocked at how I looked I walked out with a horrified express on my face.

"You can see my corset through my dress!" I exclaimed.

The lace definitely did not cover much I looked almost naked and so did my sister in her light pink one.