Chapter 12

"They're going to fire us! How can this be?" I asked.

"They're not firing everyone." Jen said trying to encourage me.

"I hate to be Johnny rain cloud guys, but we have to go to work." Karissa said cutting in.

"Your right, we will have to talk about this tonight. Are we still on for a girls night?" Georgie asked.

"Of course we are! After work, in our dormitory, I'll bring the vodka and we'll talk about everything that's  going on." Jen answered.

"Now lets get to work and hope we don't get fired." Georgie said.

"Always positive, right Georgie." Karissa said.

"You know it." Georgie said to Karissa while snapping her fingers toward her.

***

After work we headed to our room. I was looking forward to having a girls night without Andrew. I like Andrew and all but right now he is becoming to suspicious of everything. I still needed to tell my friends about what The Phantom offered me. Once we all arrived at our room we broke into the vodka and our conversations of the night.

"Okay so what do we need to talk about?" Karissa asked.

"I want to talk about work, the new bosses, and The Phantom. Which one should we talk about first?" I asked.

"Defiantly work, but before we start let me get a glass of vodka." Rachelle said.

"You haven't got a glass yet! I'm already on my second!" Jen exclaimed.

"Jen I think you have a problem." Georgie stated.

"Shut up, you have a problem." Jen said back.

"Okay before we break out into a fight, did the Smith brothers come and watch part of your rehearsals?" I asked.

"Yeah Derek was watching my dance class. And let me tell you he was giving me some good eye action." Jen stated proudly.

"That's funny because at band practice he was saying that this one dancer had a piece of hair on her butt. I heard he also said it was so funny watching that hair bounce around." Karissa said.

"Oh that's so embarrassing! I can never show my face around him again." Jen replied.

"So I wasn't the only one who got observed." I said

"Who watched in on your class?" Jen asked.

"I got Derek, but he intimidates me. He also had a notebook with him and he was constantly writing in it." I answered. "Who watched in on your guys class?" I asked Rachelle and Georgie.

"I got Sawyer."

"Me too. Sawyer must have been observing the behind the scenes people.

"I can't believe there are going to fire so many people! It just doesn't seem fair!" I whined.

"They're trying to make everything new and modernized, I kind of agree with them." Rachelle said.

"What is wrong with the old system? Why do they have to go and change everything? If it's not broke, don't fix it!" I complained.

"Calm down Tamara, it's all going to be okay." Jen said trying to calm me down.

"What are we going to do though if we get fired? You guys are at least good at your jobs, I'm only a background singer. I am easily replaceable." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Look if you want we can help you with your training. We're just as good as any music instructor!" Karissa said trying to encourage me.

"Karissa have you heard your singing? It sounds like a weasel got caught in a chainsaw. I think Tamara needs to get private lessons with a real instructor." Georgie replied.