Chapter 23

The crowd applauded at the sight of Christine and Raoul. My friends and I stood very tall to get a quick peak of them. They are opera house legends and are known for defeating  The Phantom of the Opera. Which was at that moment I remembered who I was at the ball with.

I turned my head where The Phantom was and he had a pained expression on his face.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No I just have to get some air right now," he answered. He quickly turned around and walked away.

"Hey does hottie spotted seem weird?" I asked my friends.

"Who? Oh right The Phantom," Jen whispered. "Wait where did he go?"

"He said he needed some air, but he's been acting strange since the announcement of Raoul and Christine."

"Shush guys Andrew is coming with the nosy reporter!" Rachelle exclaimed.

"Hey I bumped into Scotty who is here with Georgie! What a small world," Andrew said.

"I was just wondering if I can get your thoughts about tonight and the surprise visitors?" Scotty asked.

"Hey Tamara I need to talk to you," Georgie said.

"Okay," I said.

"Look I'm not mad at you guys I'm just a little hurt, I'm sorry if I was being harsh before." She apologized.

"Thank you it means a lot," I said.

"I also wanted to warn you in advance. Scotty has been digging up the old Phantom of the Opera case, so just be careful." She said.

"Don't worry I'm sure it'll be fine. Nobody even knows he's alive," I whispered. "We should get back to the group."

As we walked back I could see that the interview was just finishing.

"Tamara you're back, we are going go say hi to Christine and Raoul and see if they have any tips. Do you wanna come?" Karissa asked.

I briefly thought about The Phantom but I was sure he would be alright. "Sure I would love to met them."

***

"Christine, Raoul these are newest members of the opera house. Jen who is a dancer, Rachelle who is part of the wardrobe committee, Karissa who is part of the band, and Tamara one of our newest singers." Derek said introducing us all.

"It's very nice to meet you all, I remember you Temma from the show. I thought you did a marvellous job!" Christine said.

"Thank you that means so much coming from you," I gushed.

"We just wanted to know if you two had any tips for beginners like us?" Karissa asked.

"Well I wasn't involved in any of performing parts so Christine will have to answer that," Raoul said.

My friends asked work questions for a couple minutes. Christine and Raoul were very patient with us and had many tips. It was very helpful but I was dying to know what they had to say about The Phantom.

"So what was it like being a part of the opera house during the time of The Phantom?" I asked.

"In one word terrifying. At first I thought he was just teaching me music. Then he was brainwashing me and after that he was obsessed with me." She answered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Since he was lived in the basement and killed so many people he was hunted by everyone. But he didn't have contact with that many people so in a way he loved me. But it was an obsessive, creepy kind of love that he had for me." She answered again.