Chapter 22

Tonight was the ball. My friends and I were so excited we could hardly focus during work. Jen kept tripping over her feet, Karissa missed notes on her violin, Rachelle would put buttons in the wrong place on the clothes she designed. And I couldn't hit any high notes today in practice.

Our first play was over so now we are working on swan lake. There was more dancing in this play which the lead role had to do. They haven't assigned any roles yet but I was hoping to get a better role than tree number one or butterfly number four. After practice the four of us all got ready for the ball.

At seven o'clock we were all ready to go. The four of us arrived at the ball together and were amazed at the splendour of the opera house. We were talking in our group when we saw Andrew coming towards us.

"Andrew over here!" I yelled trying to get his attention.

"No don't yell, he will want to talk to me and I don't want to talk to him right now," Rachelle said.

"Why not?" Karissa asked.

"Because he likes me and he won't give me a minute alone. Every time he talks to me he talks about us and plans for our future," she answered.

"That's a little creepy," Jen said.

"I know! We made out once and now he thinks we're getting married!" Rachelle exclaimed.

"You might need to quiet down a little bit because he coming towards us," I whispered.

"Hey I've been looking for you guys everywhere. I like your costumes," Andrew said.

"Thanks and you and Rachelle look so cute as Romeo and Juliette!" I squealed.

"Yes you two make the perfect couple," Jen squealed.

"I'm getting a vision of how your kids will look like and they look pretty cute," Karissa said.

Rachelle glared at us all. She did not appreciate our teasing but Andrew was oblivious to it all. He had a big grin on his face and continued talking.

"Thanks I knew these costumes would look good. If you don't mind I'm going to steal Rachelle for a minute," Andrew stated.

"No worries"

"Take your time"

As they walked away Rachelle mouthed the words help me. We all gave our best thumbs up and started to laugh. We then started talking amongst ourselves when all of the sudden Sawyer showed up.

"Sawyer!" Karissa beamed.

"Hello Karissa," he greeted with a warm smile.

"Karissa was just talking about you," Jen said.

"Yeah she was waiting for you to ask her dance." I piped in.

Karissa started to turn beet red. While Jen and I just smirked. This was the night we were going to embarrass our friends as much as possible.

"Not friendship,"Karissa stated. "Just ignore them they're talking nonsense."

Sawyer chuckled and grinned. "Actually I was coming here to ask you to dance but your friends beat me to it."

"Well then I accept!" Karissa said enthusiastically. They left the two of us and started dancing.

"Then there were two," I said.

"I'm really sorry Tamara but I see Derek and if I don't start stalking him now he'll never notice me," Jen said.

"It's okay, you can go," I said.