Chapter twenty

The next morning we all woke up with major hangovers.

"What happened last night?" Rachelle said dazed.

"My ears are ringing and my head is buzzing!" Karissa exclaimed.

"Congratulations you are all experiencing your first major hangover." Jen said cheerfully.

"Shhh not so loud! My body can't take it!" Karissa said.

"I'm not too bad actually." I said.

"What!" They all yelled at me.

"How are you not in pain right now?" Rachelle asked.

"I'm not too bad either." Jen piped up.

"That's because you're used to drinking so much." Karissa said. "But seriously Temma how are you fine right now?"

"I didn't drink nearly as much as you guys. Yes I'm a little dazed from the shots but I can still go to work today." I said smirking at their sucky states.

"Will you excuse me for a second." Karissa said while she rushed for the bathroom.

She came back in a couple minutes looking as messed up as ever. Her hair was straggly and her face was pale.

"I hate hangovers!" She exclaimed.

"Shhh, but they are so worth it." Jen said.

"That's it I'm not drinking ever again!" Karissa exclaimed.

"No! Just think about all the alcohol you'll be missing!" Jen said.

"You can still drink but you just have to be careful next time." Rachelle said.

"Anyway changing the subject who are you all inviting to the ball?" I asked. "I know who Jen's inviting, but besides that I have no idea who anybody else is inviting."

"I don't know, I was thinking of inviting Georgie but it might make things awkward." Rachelle answered.

"Because you kissed Andrew and he likes Georgie." Karissa said.

"No! Because she used to work here but now she doesn't. We would be rubbing it in her face." Rachelle said defensively.

"Well I'm inviting our cousin Violet. She always supported us in our musical career so I thought it was fitting." Karissa said.

"Tamara who are you inviting?" Jen asked.

My cheeks started to turn pink thinking about The Phantom. Then I tried to hide it because I didn't want my friends to know of my new feelings for him.

"You're blushing!" Karissa exclaimed to me.

"No I just started to feel hot all of the sudden." I said.

"It looks like whoever you want to invite you have a crush on!" Jen squealed.

"No it's not anything like that." I said trying to change their minds.

"Spill it Tamara. Who did you invite?" Jen asked.

I hesitated a moment and then I took a deep breathe and said, "I invited The Phantom."

My friends all sat in salience for a while before they all started speaking at once.

"What!"

"I don't think I heard that right."

"Are you saying you like The Phantom?"

I tried to get a word in between that but every time I spoke someone would speak over me. Finally I had enough of their questions so I yelled at the top of my lungs. It was so loud Andrew came bursting into our room.

"What's going on? I heard a scream." He said.

"We're fine, I was just trying to get a word into the conversation." I said glaring at my friends.

"I thought someone was hurt or dying." Andrew said.

"No that was just me screaming."  

"I think I'm hurt or dying." Karissa complained, her hands over her ears.

I was surprised that Rachelle and Andrew were acting normal toward each other. After their intense make out session I thought they would be too embarrassed to speak to each other.

"Anyway I have some news about the ball." Andrew said.

"What is it?!?" Jen asked getting really excited.

"Well it turns out everybody has to wear a costume for the ball. The owners thought it would get people more excited for it." He answered.

"That means we have to go shopping!" Karissa exclaimed.

"Ugh I hate shopping! I had the perfect dress I planned wearing for the ball, now I have to find something else." I sighed.

"It will be fun! We can walk down the chants élysées!" Jen squealed.

"Rachelle can I talk to you in private?" Andrew asked.

Rachelle said yes and they walked out the door. She was gone for a couple minutes but she came back with a stunned look on her face.

"Andrew just asked me to the ball." She said.

"Did you say yes?" Jen asked.

"Yes I did because I didn't want to be rude. But I'm not sure why." She answered.

"It's because you two made out last night." I said.

"What!" My friends all said at the same time.

"That's right you don't remember because you all were so drunk last night." I said casually.

"That's so embarrassing! Now he thinks I like him, but I don't!" Rachelle the exclaimed.

"Then why did you say yes?" Karissa asked.

"Because I didn't want to be rude. I'm going to have to talk to him and make sure he knows I just want to be friends. Now Tamara weren't you going to tell us all about your feelings towards The Phantom." Rachelle said trying to change the subject.

"Yes tell us everything that has happened between you two!" Jen exclaimed.

"Jen are you encouraging this relationship?" Karissa asked.

"Yeah he's hot." Jen said like it was obvious.

"I did ask him to come but he said he couldn't. And I asked him to come with me as a way to say thanks for all his help." I said.

"So you don't like him then?" Karissa asked slightly getting her hopes up.

I had to think about her question for a second. I thought I didn't like him because I know he's not good for me. But now I don't know. I sat in silence thinking about my answer for a while. After a couple minutes I knew my answer.

"Tamara! Earth to Tamara!" Rachelle said trying to get my attention.

"Sorry I had to go through some thoughts in my mind before I could answer." I apologized.

"So do you like him?" Jen said.

I took a deep breathe and I quickly blurted out, "yes I like him.I know he has done some things in the past that are unforgivable but I can't help it. He's got a demeanour about him I just like."

My friends were all shocked at what I said. But then Jen got this huge grin on her face.

"I knew you liked him!" She said.

"How?" I asked.

"I could just tell by the way you talked about him and plus you never bother looking at any other hot guys." Jen replied.

"It's too bad he couldn't come to the ball." Rachelle said.

"I know. But now that everybody has to wear costumes do you think he will come?" Jen asked.

"I don't know, I'll ask him tomorrow!" I answered starting to get really excited.

"Oh no you're not." Karissa said.

"Why not?" I asked her.

"Because tomorrow we're going shopping."