Chapter 50

~Jeongin~

"Hello ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the fifth annual Grand Music Festival, this year hosted by our wonderful JYP High School of Performing Arts!" The announcer yelled through the mic. He flashed a huge smile to the crowd which caused them to cheer in anticipation and excitement. "I'm your host for tonight, and please give me a hand at welcoming our three schools. Give me a round of applause for SM High!" With that, the audience roared once more, the representative students getting extra rowdy at the mention of their school.

"Next we have YG High!" The announcer continued. Again, the cheers continued.

"And last but not least is JYP High School!" The applause continued for a while, the cheers lasting for what seemed like hours.

The announcer cleared his throat as he began to speak. "What energy!" He complimented, jumping on the balls of his feet. "Now let's give that same energy and applause to our lovely panel of musical judges! First off let me introduce to you winner of MAMA's Best Female Artist Award, the lovely and ever so talented soloist, Kim Chungha!"

The latter rose from her seat in the judging box to wave to the excited crowd. There were scattered love shouts from a few of the audience members which made the woman bashful.

"Next, allow me to introduce every person's favorite actor, acting in 10-star rating dramas like Goblin and Touch Your Heart, Lee Dongwook!"

As soon as the announcer let those words escape from his mouth a girl in the front rows screeched, making the standing judge flinch. After Dongwook took his seat, the announcer continued. "And finally," He began, pausing for effect. "Please help me welcome, one of the top singers, songwriters, rappers, the dubbed 'King of Kpop', Kwon Jiyong, the legend G-Dragon!"

I bounced in my chair as I shook with excitement while watching the judge slowly rise from his seat. I, along with the rest of Stray Kids, were in the dressing room getting ready even though we were the last to perform in the entire show.

G-Dragon rose to the wondrous applause he was receiving, giving the crowd a small wave before taking off his shades only for the audience to roar louder. I suppress a squeal by biting my knuckles.

Jisung, who stood next to me watching the monitor, gave me a concerned glance. "Umm... are you okay?" He asked carefully, raising a brow. Without taking my eyes off the screen I nodded my head.

The elder let out a breath before turning and making his way to who knows where. My attention was focused solely on what the announcer was continuing to say.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, remember the competition will begin in just thirty short minutes, so in the meantime go grab some snacks and sweets from the student vendors throughout the festival!" He told, gesturing his hand to the large fair grounds that surrounded the stage.

The Grand Music Fest wasn't just a music competition, yes it was the main event, but it was a whole fair to attract as many people as possible. Not only that, but the admission to get inside brought tons of money that helped sustain the school and their programs.

I finally snapped my attention elsewhere once the announcer stepped off the stage, and noticed that no one else was around. Where did everyone go? I thought, glancing around the room. There were only the hairstylists and makeup artists gathering their things in order to leave, but besides that there was no one. I pouted in frustration at the thought of my group leaving me. I can't believe this. I inwardly sighed.