Chapter 47

~Jeongin~

The bell rang, signaling the start of first period. Jisung had narrowly slipped through the door without being seen by the teacher who was busy grading papers for his later classes.

Jisung quietly sat in his seat, and looked to me.

"Did you see Seungmin on your way here?" I asked. I pouted as Jisung shook his head. "I tried calling him before class, but he didn't answer." I groaned, shaking my phone.

Jisung let out a sigh, and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm worried about him." He admitted. "Doesn't Hyunjin usually walk with him in the morning?"

My eyes widened in realization, but before I could speak there was a quiet knock on the door. The teacher didn't hear at first until someone raised their voice, and even then, the teacher lazed his walking.

"I apologize for my tardiness." We heard Seungmin say.

The latter walked in with disheveled hair and droopy eyes. His uniform was wasn't even buttoned properly either. He looked tired, and completely unprepared for the day.

Jisung raised an eyebrow. "Well, I guess that answers my question then." He stated.

Without a second of hesitation, I pulled out my phone and shot Seungmin a text. I waited for the latter to look up and respond, but he never did which surprised me.

When the bell rang, I sprang up and bolted towards Seungmin before he could leave. However, the elder didn't seem to be moving any time soon.

Felix approached us, and jumped at the sight of Seungmin. "I-Is he sleeping with his eyes open?" Felix shuddered.

Jisung removed Seungmin's arm from under his chin which made the latter's head drop and hit the desk with a loud thud. Seungmin let out a scream of pain as he sent a glare to Jisung.

Felix shook his head. "Seungmin, you look a mess!" He told.

Seungmin stuck out his tongue, and proceeded to flattened his hair. "Don't you think I'm aware?" He muttered, sending a glare to the blonde.

I frowned. "Hyung, are you alright? Why were you late, and why didn't you answer my calls?" I asked.

Seungmin looked to me with softened eyes, and let out a breath. "I'm fine, Jeongin." He said, giving a closed smile. "I just overslept, that's all, and my phone died so I left it at home charging."

Jisung gave me a look, and crossed his arms. I let out my own sigh, and put a hand on Seungmin's shoulder. "Hyung, make sure to take care of yourself." I said, looking up to the latter with worry.

Seungmin furrowed his eyebrows, almost giving me a glare. "Jeongin, I'm fine, seriously. I need all of you to trust me on this." He said, shrugging my hands off his shoulders. The elder threw on his backpack, and straightened his uniform as he stood. "Now, if you'll excuse me, we all have classes to attend."

With that, Seungmin left the classroom, the sound of his feet dragging echoing through the halls.

Jisung sighed. "I can see why Hyunjin was so worried. Seungmin tells us to trust him when I don't even think he can trust himself." He stated, shaking his head.