Chapter 49

~Jeongin~

The days after the play, we continued to practice for the Grand Music Festival which was only a week away. SM and YG High School were already coming in to practice some of their performances. I purposely chose not to watch, afraid I was going to feel intimidated.

The SeungJin couple became the next big thing in school, and the stunt they pulled during the play made the performance skyrocket. They were in high demand with the same scenes.

Now, after all these months of anticipation, the Grand Music Fest came down to one day left, meaning it was tomorrow. As the outdoor theater was being prepared, we all decided to use this time to get a dress rehearsal in.

First up was the vocal line which consisted of Woojin, Seungmin and I.

The three of us started off in a dim lighting in order to set the serene mood. Bangchan had written us a ballad a few weeks ago, and the three of us vocalists have been practicing it together ever since. Woojin, over the practices, became the main vocalist of the group. Obviously.

Once our part came to an end, the lights dimmed, and we quickly left the stage in order for "danceRACHA" to start. Minho was completely against the name, but Hyunjin and Felix outvoted him saying that they brought more swagger than 3RACHA.

The rehearsal continued without any hiccups until the final group performance. Well, after the performance. The nine of us finished with a cool pose which caused every viewer to applaud in awe.

However we noticed there were an extra pair of hands in the audience that weren't supposed to be there.

My eyes widened as a group of school boys came up to the front of the stage where our principal, JYP, was. They didn't look like any of the students who went to our school, especially since their uniform was a dark red which contrasted greatly with our gray ones.

"Wow! That was wonderful." An elder man spoke, continuing to clap. Even though the man was congratulating us, I still felt a bit of sarcasm in his tone.

JYP let out a quiet sigh, and turned to face the man and his large group. "Principal SM, how can I help you?" JYP asked.

My eyes widened even more at the mention of the new principal. That's SM?! Does that mean the boys behind him are group we're going against? I mentally questioned, already freaking out.

There were 18 boys behind Principal SM, and all of them brought their own intimidating aura which made my hands shake.

"Goddamn," Changbin mumbled. "They're so tall."

The boys were. They towered over their principal, and looked more mature than all of us combined. How many seniors are in that group? I thought, gulping.

Principal SM let out a chuckle, and placed a hand on JYP's shoulder. "Aww, Jinyoung, don't be so tense. I'm here as nothing but a friend and a fellow competitor." SM laughed. "I'm just here to introduce my new boy group to you. I've already introduced them to YG, but you never seem to come to our practices so I thought I'd bring them to you."

JYP glanced behind SM, looking at each of the boys, but not giving any sort of smile. This was one of the first time JYP wasn't acting friendly. He was serious, and unamused. The elder looked back to SM with a monotone expression. "18 members is quite a lot, don't you think?" JYP questioned.