Chapter 45

~Jeongin~

The two of us walked out of TMT arcade after we spent all our money on the games. I happily spent all my tickets on candy while Bangchan saved them for some "bigger prize".

We walked passed a few stores until we reached the parking lot. The two of us stood there awkwardly, waiting for the other to speak.

"Well-" Bangchan began.

"Umm-" I spoke.

And the silence set in again. I lightly giggled to ease the tension. I scratched the back of my head with a smile. "My bad, hyung. Go ahead." I said.

Bangchan returned with a lopsided smile. "I just wanted to ask if you were busy." He replied.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise, then as the situation settled a faded blush crept up to my cheeks. "N-no, I'm free." I answered, looking down to hide my face.

I felt a hand grab mine, and I looked up to find Bangchan also looking down. My blush deepened as he pulled me along the sidewalk.

There was still a silence around us as we walked passed a few stores. Since when did we get so awkward? I mentally questioned. Ugh, I feel like my hand is getting sweaty! Am I holding on too tight? That might come off as desperate, but if I let go then he might think I don't like him! Wait, do I even like him like that? Why am I asking myself so many questions? Come on Jeongin! Get cool!

Suddenly, Bangchan stopped without warning and I bumped into his back. I looked up to see that he was gazing into the window of a clothing store. He stayed silent as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

I tilted my head and tugged on his hand. "Bangchan-hyung, are you okay?" I asked, trying to see what he was looking at.

Bangchan widened his eyes, and his expression changed to that of an angry one. He abruptly let go of my hand, and ran into the middle of the street, completely ignoring the cars that honked at him.

My heart sank in fear, but once I saw what the later was running towards I broke into a laugh.

"Kunpimook Bhuwakul!" Bangchan shouted, sprinting to catch the other junior. Jisung was right behind Bangchan trying to stop him, but the latter was too fast.

I was laughing too hard to realize that Minho was also sprinting towards me, running through traffic. The elder tackled me into an embrace which made me let out a yelp.

Minho nuzzled his face against mine. "Jeonginnie! I'm so sorry I left you alone! They made me do it!" He cried. Then, he tightened his grip on my arm, and started dragging me in the opposite direction of everyone else. "Let's leave before they notice, and try to kidnap you again. I'll take you home."

I chuckled nervously. It kinda feels like you're kidnapping me, hyung. I thought.

"Hey!" I heard Woojin shout from across the street. He too, disregarded the ongoing traffic, and boldly ran towards us.

Minho mumbled a few curses before quickening his pace. "We've been found!" The elder yelled, pulling me faster, but it was of no use since Woojin gripped onto my other arm.

Minho snapped his head towards Woojin and sent the latter a glare. Both gave my arms a light pull as they shot daggers at each other.