Chapter 48

~Jeongin~
(...a few days later...)

I sat in the dimly lit theater of our school with the rest of Stray Kids by my side. Today was the first day of the production of His Lover and Mine, and to say the place was packed would be an understatement. Every seat was taken, even the people who snuck in were forced to sit on the floor. Lucky for us, Hyunjin was able to snag us some front row tickets.

My mind wandered to the elder, and how he was doing. He and Seungmin were the two leads, along with the legendary Bae Suzy, but unfortunately, Hyunjin and Seungmin were still having a cold war.

I sat next to Woojin who was probably just as anxious as I was. Throughout the weeks he's been following Seungmin around to see if he was alright staying by himself. To our surprise, Seungmin seemed extremely happy whilst he stayed with DAY6.

But we all knew it was just a facade. Sungjin and Wonpil have already told us how much Seungmin cried while he was with them.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I looked up to find Woojin giving me a comforting smile. "Are you worried?" The elder asked.

I gave a nod. "I'm not sure this plan will work." I admitted. "What if Seungmin rejects him, and how will that affect the team?"

Woojin's smile widened as he gave me a light squeeze on my shoulder. "Little Jeonginnie, you need to know that Bangchan will never let one of his plans fail. And if it does there's always a backup, so try not to worry too much or you'll start making Bangchan worry." Woojin told, finally letting me go.

I let out a sigh, and slumped in my chair.

Suddenly, the lights in the theater started to dim, and many shh's were heard.

The nervousness inside me began to bubble in the pit of my stomach. Before I could have a panic attack I felt my hair being ruffled by a soothing hand. Bangchan quickly took his seat next to mine, flashing me a quirky smile.

"You, Jeongin, look like your about to freak." He commented, placing an arm over my shoulder. "Just relax and watch the magic of love and friendship unfold."

I thanked the heavens that the theater was dark or else the elder would see my embarrassed expression.

Woojin cringed as he shot a look to Bangchan. "Jesus, Bangchan, just how cringy is this plan of yours?" Woojin asked.

Bangchan shushed the elder with a childish grin, and focused back to the curtain that was rising.

The story of His Lover and Mine was a romance about two princes falling in love with a commoner who actually turns out to be the lost princess of the realm. As the two princes fight for her love she stops them and gives a really inspiring speech which then causes the angels to come and reveal her true identity. With this new information, the princess reunites both kingdoms in peace and harmony. Not really my slice of cake, but Hyunjin said that the theater teachers really enjoyed the message.

Bangchan said it was during the big fight scene that his plan was to take action. And it was quickly approaching.

I felt my hand go up, and I bit on my knuckle to keep from freaking out. Here we go. I thought.