Chapter Seventeen

Ryker's POV

Crashing stars, crushing skies, tormenting screams. Trashing storms, thrusting waves, crippling walls.

Flames danced around the corpses piled around me, the inhalation of smoke toppling their lungs and tackling the last of the oxygen. The heat melted their flesh to the bone and sizzled like acid.

Her voice was violent and deafening, the children hushed and nonexistent. An arm dragged me out through the broken window behind me, pulling me through the shards of glass, my hands gripping the sill and struggling to get back to the bodies, soaked in bloodshed and agony, "No!"

"Wake up, Ryker. You don't need to be having that dream," Eyes flickering open, I looked over to Tyler standing by the window, watching the stars and the moon. My heart ached; my lungs were heavy with silent sobs clawing for freedom. He cocked his head to the side, eyeing me with pressed lips before coming over to the chair next to the bed and sitting, "You know he'll need to know the truth eventually, Ryker. You can't keep it quiet forever."

Lunar's arms wrapped tightly around my left bicep, his face nuzzling into my shoulder, bringing my attention over to him before trailing my thumb over the side of his chin, "He will be told when he's ready."

I admired the facial structure my Kitten had, adoring every curve and dent on his body. My fingers twirled delicately, caressing his cheek. He was perfect in every way in my eyes. It just pained me to have the past I did, I wasn't sure how to break the information out or how to say it without hurting us both. The little act of petting drew his body's attention, his head leaning towards my hand as he slowly woke up, "Hm...?"

Tyler came around the other side of the bed, crawling into it and pressing against the back of Lunar. His arms snaked around him delicately, lulling him back to sleep as he cooed, "Sh, head back to sleep, Little One. He's just admiring your sleepiness."

***

Ryker's POV

Ms. Mathis Leville toppled onto Lunar, his attention drawing away from Tyler and me as she ruffled his hair, "Looney Toons, you know what today is?"

A smile tugged at my lips as my irises worshipped his every action, his every word, his every breath. My beautiful Pet is so nervous and anxious over his birthday today. The sweet thing became a plea, his face scrunching as he fixed his hair, "Please, don't make me be Bugs Bunny."

Lady Leville rubbed her hands with a devilish grin, "Would you rather be Sylvester or Pepe Le Pew? I'm sure Alex or Peter would be happy to switch with you. I'm being Penelope Pussycat."

I kept my composure, keeping my chuckle to myself as I watched her smile grow as she looked passed him and over to Tyler and me, she had a devilish sway in her hips as she spoke. Her eyes were more on Tye than Lunar or me, a look we knew far too well but hid the knowledge of. Tye was cruel with his emotions, playing the same game but even more sadistic by hiding his own thoughts and actions. He was a professional with mind games, sometimes he had a habit of putting me to shame in being aloof. My vexation kept at bay as Kitten pouted, "There are plenty of other characters I can be... Like Wile E. Coyote, Tasmanian Devil..."

"You could be Playboy Penguin," Ms. Mathis smirked with a raised brow, tugging a hint that we were behind the poor thing due to his embarrassment making us forgotten, "He's the only one open out of the group, you'll be taking the route with Kyle and Jasper."

"Last year Jasper tried to make me eat drugged candy and take me home," He scrunched his face more, that little bit of info making my heart sink and my blood bile, "Who's being Lola Bunny, again?"

"You're going to hate me...," Lady Leville hesitated, this interaction being my distraction to not figure out who Jasper was and cause a scene. We weren't ones for violence, it was against our beliefs... but sometimes I made exceptions. Nobody gets to touch my Pet without getting on that list. He can handle things on his own as he wished, but don't think I'm not keeping track of anything.

"Don't say it, don't say it. Please, don't say it," Lunar pouted more, covering his face. My eyes wandered to Hayes, his head shaking slightly, knowing my thoughts were on this Jasper person. He was the one to always keep me cool, to keep me from letting my temper boil.

"Fangs are a sanctuary. We are Sacred and kind. We protect, not violate. We build, not destroy. We are friendly, not hostile," I let the words breathe through my thoughts, taking a deep inhale and holding it for a moment, releasing it as my muscles relaxed, "We must remain a temple. Obey your Claims desires don't let your temper cloud their rights. Only make exceptions of such in dire moments, until then we must watch and listen. Admire and learn. Words and actions are done with reason. Love, not harm. Do we understand?"

Hayes grew a small proud smile for my settled nerves, nodding with approval. I had an easy temper when it came to protecting loved ones. Lunar was a challenge and a test. He was being quizzed to see if he was fitting for our Company, but I was also being just as trialed. I hadn't been with anyone for centuries; I chose him for many reasons. Oh, how I don't regret my decisions, but I hated how difficult my possessive side was to contain whenever he got hurt... With another deep inhale, I drew my pupils back over to the best friends and their actions, driving from my thoughts as I watched their interaction. Madam Mathis laughed, "Clarissa is Lola Bunny. She hopped onto that choice as soon as she heard you'd be Bugs."

"Aaaaand you said it," My chuckle finally slipped out, Kitten's cheeks reddening as he remembered Tyler's and my presence, hiding his face back into his hands as he muffled out, "Why are we devoting this Hallow's Eve to me, again?"

"Because we couldn't do it last year for your birthday and we all agreed this year you were to be embarrassed."

"Like playing Taylor Swift isn't embarrassing enough," He groaned out, her hand wrapping around his and dragging him into Lava Lamp, the club owned by Sir Jax Scoria. Tyler and I followed close behind, Mr. Scoria fixing his green tie and his green beret, his torso wearing a tiger patterned button-up, followed with tiger patterned skinny jeans. He was Cool Cat. Why was I not surprised? Looking over to where Lady Mathis had pulled Lunar, Sir Parker Fawxe stood with some folded clothes. He was wearing brownish-orange skinny jeans with matching shoes. His top was a blueish-grey with dark blue long sleeves. He had a yellow beak and a dark blue beanie with feathers. Bip Bip the Road Runner, of course.

Madam Leville made Kitten strip out of his clothes, shoving him into a tight-fitting onesie. The onesie was grey with a white belly. She slipped white gloves onto his hands and made him change his shoes to match the costume before putting rabbit eats, whiskers, and buck teeth onto him. I chortled at the sight I was looking at as she shoved a fake carrot into his hand, a small button being pushed and Bugs Bunny's voice coming through the carrot, "What's up, Doc?" Lunar argued throughout this process, huffing at Ms. Mathis' excited clapping, "I hate everything about this costume."

His eyes widened as she began to strip, her breasts and bra falling exposed to the room, frantically pushing her into the changing room, causing her to yell, "Lunar, I am an adult! I can strip in front of you guys!"

"You are not stripping in front of these perverted gawking eyes!!"

She peeked her head out from the curtain, smirking at him with a devious tone but taking a quick glance at Tyler, "If you want me all for yourself you could have just asked."

Lunar smashed his hands over his face with a very high-pitched groan as the room filled up with laughter from all of us, Tye giving a roll of his eyes towards me as he winked, "I! Am! Gay!"