Perspectives I

Recap: RagLak in their work field, supporting and encouraging each other in their own way.

Laksh was looking at the professor, his look was stern and the rest of the class was shocked by him. Sanskaar couldn't believe it either, "Lucky you know your hand is up?!"

Laksh didn't give any heed to them, "Sir, I want to do the volunteering for you." All there gazed were at him, the shocked faces and open mouth didn't bother him, "can I do a volunteer work with you?" He asked, "Sir, please." How much difficulty he had saying it, but he had no shame for it

The professor was staring at him, lost as if he was looking through Laksh.

Sanskaar shook his head, "Lucky what has happened to you?"

Laksh didn't moved his head, his eyes were fixed on the professor, "I want to know your answer. Are you taking me in?"

The whole class was silently waiting for the answer. Still in shock.

Laksh took a deep breath, "I'm already working with kids, at the kindergarten and I think I'm good with it, it's been 3 weeks now. I like to teach." He explained, but there was something in his mind. Maybe I will learn from him to be more stricter, cause those kids still dances on my head.

"Okay," he said and opens the book to continue with the lesson.

Ragini was going through the market, "hmm..." she was thinking loud about the fruits, "what to buy? Every day an apple... well it keeps the doctor away and she eats that, right? I have never seen her eating it, I will ask her and buy a few more fruits, variety!" The seller was looking at her, "Ma'am the others are waiting?!"

Ragini huffs, "I'm your customer too, I need my time to chose what I like to eat. Or should I changed you?"

The man wasn't much affected by her words, the line behind her was long enough to answer her questions, "I want this and this." A small box of strawberries and three oranges. She left after buying the fruits.

Laksh was at the kindergarten, the kids were excited as they had decided to cook together.

Laksh rolls his eyes, "why? I have to cook with them?"

Soni glares at him, "better with them than for them."

Laksh was numb, "damn!" She always surprises him.

Ragini was looking at Ujala, "Good afternoon, I changed the fruit, I hope you don't mind. Some fresh vitamins from orange and sweet taste from Strawberries?" She sat next to her on the bed, both were silently looking out of the window.

"You know there is this one vitamin, Vitamin D, you get it through the sun, of course safety get first with sunblock cream to prevent any harm through ultraviolet light. Here!" Ragini places the cream next to the fruit on the windowsill.

"Be more interactive with her, maybe she will melt by your act?" Those words of Laksh were running through her head.

Laksh was looking at the flour, "oh no, we can't use it."

Soni looked at him, "why?" Her eyes were narrowed.

"Raju has an allergy against gluten, we need gluten-free flour."

"Wow I'm impressed you read their files." Soni said with a smile.

Laksh smiles back. Haan good that Ragini forced me to read about their medical history. "Because I'm a caring and good person." He winks and Soni shook her head, "Uff! Too much of show off, never works."

Laksh wasn't happy about the turn, damn it. She always does this, I'm not a kid to be taught. She should concentrate on the kids not me.

Ujala looked at her, "you don't give up?"

Ragini shook her head, "no, I have learnt to be strong, but this was all a facade. I had tried to be unreachable which is something I regret now. If I had opened up about myself earlier than maybe I would be much more stronger than I'm now." She said and looked deep into her eyes, "I know it's difficult, but trust me the earlier you start the faster you recover, the time to heal reduced and the time to live again starts." She was holding her hand, "you know together we are stronger than being alone." Her smile was warm and effected Ujala.

"You will be there?" She asked and Ragini nodded.

Laksh was mixing the dough, when a little girl looked at him, "what doing?" She asked him.

Laksh looked down, "kneading the dough...? Abhe where is she?" The girl was gone, before hearing the answer. He huffs in anger and concentrated his anger on the dough, every kid was wearing cooking apron, like the adults.

The kids were divided, a half was with Laksh making the bread and the other half was doing the serving. Soni had cooked the part of the food in advance.

"Now spread the dining cloth on the ground then we will place the plates, okay?" She asked and the kids were happy.

Laksh was taking care of the kids with the dough, none of the breads was round, but unique, he was responsible for the cooking process of the bread.

"Haan always, come." Ragini stood up, she was still holding the hand of Ujala, "even the one step out of the room is a process, we have to be strong but for us not others. You don't need to prove me anything, it's for only for you!"

Ujala stood up, she nodded, "yes, you are right. If you can be this stubborn than I can make a small step for a better life."

The kids were all sitting on their places, Laksh was serving the hot bread while Soni the hot food, both told them to wait before taking a bite of it.

Ujala and Ragini were at the floor of the women's shelter, "Ragini who is Laksh?"

Ragini looked at her, "you heard me, while talking to him?"

Ujala nodded, "yes, you were talking to him a few days back, and before that too, but I forgot maybe I don't wanted to remember it."

Ragini understood her, "it's okay, Laksh is..."

___
It's part one of the chapter