you're pregnant (requested)

You stared down at the test with tears in your eyes.

You've been waiting so long for this moment to come. You and Ashley have been hoping to start your own little family, but for so long it didn't seem like fate was on your side.

But finally, it was.

You had tears in your eyes thinking that in just a few months you and Ashley will finally have the beginning of the family you've both always dreamt of.

You let yourself begin to daydream a little. Thinking to yourself who the baby would be most like. But really, at the end of the day, you didn't really care about that all that much.

After wanting and dreaming of this for so long, after losing but trying so desperately to keep your hope for Ashley's sake, all that you really cared about was your baby being healthy and happy.

The sound of the front door closing and Ashley calling out your name causing you to jolt back to reality. You put the pregnancy test in your pocket and pulled your shirt down to cover it before walking out of the bathroom and down the hallway to the living room where she was.

"There you are!" She grinned as you rushed over to her and clung onto her. "Miss me today?" She teased but her joking attitude disappeared when you pulled away and she saw the tears in your eyes. "Y/n? What's wrong? Did something happen?"

You nodded your head and with a teary chuckle, you reached back in your pocket to pull out the test and place it in her hand. She looked away from you and down to the test before her head quickly darted back up. "You're serious? You're pregnant?!"

"Yeah! It worked, Ash. I'm really pregnant," You cried as she wrapped you in her arms and your head fell to her shoulder. "This is incredible. We're really gonna be parents, y/n!"

She was so excited as you both stood there in each other arms, crying happy tears as you thought about what the future was gonna hold for the three of you.

Ashley pulled away and put her hand on your still flat stomach. "I'm gonna be here for you every step of the way. I love you and I can't wait for this new chapter in our lives." She smiled with tears pooling in her eyes.

One thing was certain; no matter what, your child was gonna be so loved, and you already couldn't wait for them to arrive.