she falls asleep on you

"Y/n?" You heard Ashley call your name from downstairs. "In the bedroom!" You heard her footsteps on the stairs before she appeared in the bedroom a moment later.

You noticed right away how exhausted she looked. You reached out for her and she quickly took off her shoes and crawled under the covers next to you. She put her head on your lap and looked at you with tired eyes. "Ash what's wrong?" She sighed and grabbed your hand to intertwine her fingers with yours. "I had a rough day."

"I'm sorry baby. Do you need anything?" She shook her head but crawled on top of you a few seconds later. She needed to be as close to you as she could. She put her head on your chest with her ear right over your heart and soon enough her heart was beating in sync with yours. She kept her hand intertwined with yours and used her free one to run her thumb over your jawline. You saw how she kept closing her eyes but would catch herself and force them back open a few seconds later.

"Go to sleep, Ash." Her gaze met yours and she sighed, nuzzling her face in your neck. She could smell your white jasmine shower gel that lingered on your skin, the aroma making her relax as she cuddled close to you. You wrapped your arms around her back and ran your fingertips across her skin soothingly.

"Love you" Ashley mumbled before falling asleep and you smiled. "I love you too." you whispered back and watched as she peacefully slept in your embrace.