bruises (requested)

A shaky breath fell from your lips as Ashley trailed her lips from yours, kissing every spot lovingly until she reached your jaw. Your skin tingled from her touch and she was the only thing you could think about as she lovingly kissed your skin and brushed her fingers along your hips.

She's been away on tour for the last three months. As happy as you are to know she got to live out her dream every day for the last few months, you can't deny that you're overjoyed that she's finally home. No more lonely or cold nights, no more mornings waking up in the spacious bed on your own, and no more FaceTime calls. She's here now, face to face, and loving on you as she mumbled on about how much she's missed and how much she adores you.

Your mind went blank as you melted into her touch and kisses. She trailed her fingers under your shirt, carefully pushing the fabric up your body so she could touch your sides and run her fingers along more of your warm and soft skin.

But she stopped kissing you and instead gasped when she saw the bruises on your body. Her eyes were wide as they stared into yours but quickly turned into a look of worry as it all sank in.

"What happened to you? Why do you have bruises?"

"It's nothing, Ash-"

"Obviously it is! You're bruised!" She said, unintentionally raising her voice and mumbling an apology when you jumped at the sound. "Don't lie to me, y/n. Just talk to me. C'mon, I'm not just your girlfriend but I'm your best friend, too. I'm worried about you. Be honest and tell me where these came from."

You sat up and took in a deep breath before staring down at your hand. You couldn't look her in the eyes. Not when the memories came flooding back and brought a tear or two to your eyes.

"Just a few fans were saying things about you, about us,"

"Y/n," she warned.

"I couldn't just sit back and let it happen!"

"You didn't need to get yourself hurt either." She said and, surprisingly, remained calm as she laid her hand over yours. "People are going to say things, you know that, baby."

"They were really bad, though. They had the nerve to call themselves fans and they were badmouthing you, calling you disgusting names, and saying vile things about your music and about... us."

"Y/n," she said, giving your hand a squeeze. "My skin isn't thin. I've been doing music for years now and I know people have opinions and say things about me that are untrue and, at times, hurtful and mean. But it doesn't get to me. I can handle it. I've got good friends, good family, an absolutely lovely girlfriend," she said, pinching your cheek and making you laugh.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry. It's them who should be sorry, for hurting you. Don't get into arguments or fights for me, okay? No more. I'll take the hate and the vile names they call me and the terrible things they say to me any day if it means that you stay unharmed. Okay?"

"Okay." You laughed and leaned your head onto her shoulder while she carefully brought you into her arms to hold you. "I love you."

"Love you more, my girl. I love you so much."