phone call | curtney

• Dedicated to Elaiza Araiza

“How can you learn if you always depend yourself to your parents?”

Oh no, my phone is ringing, Dad is calling and my world is officially ending.
      Wait, It’s just a phone call, nothing will happen.
      “Excuse me, guys. I need to answer this," I said, and they just nodded.
      I stood up and made my way to the living room for some privacy.
      “Hello?"
      “Curtney Johnson, where are you? And I’m picking you up!”
      "Haven't you read my note in my room? I stated there that I’m going to London”
      "How many times should I tell you that you cannot leave the house. You’re disobeying your father!”
       "I know, Dad. I know that you know that I love you but this is my dream!"
      "You don’t understand how dangerous that place is, Curtney Johnson!”
      "You know all about this, Dad?” of course he does know.
      "Just go back here, Curtney! You don’t know how worried sick we are when we knew you left."
      "I won’t go home, not until you tell me what's going on!"
      "You don't understand, young lady. You must go home now!"
      "’Cause you’re not telling me what’s happening here. I know that you have the idea, Dad."
      "I know what’s happening there, Curtney. I know everything, but you cannot know."
      "What do you mean? Please, just tell me."
      "I can't... I cannot."
      "Fine! Don't tell me and I'm not going home!"
      And I ended the call, throwing my phone on the couch.
      "What’s happening? I don’t understand," I murmured and buried my face in my hands, whimpering.
      "Yeah, you don’t," I heard a voice speaking to me, I glanced at my right side and saw Niall.
      "Why are you here?" I asked letting a tear fall from my eye.
      "I was about to go to my room," he replied, “but then I heard you yelling and crying."
      "You...heard everything?"
      "Yes," he leaned his shoulder on the nearest wall and crossed his arms. "I've heard every single word that you said."
      “Would you please keep it as our secret?" I said, wiping my tears. I stood up.
      "You can count on me," he gladly said, pointing himself with his thumb and grinned.
      I chuckled, "I thought you're very annoying but now..."
      "I'm cute?" he grinned, but this time much bigger.
      "I would say yes," I crossed my arms. "You’re kinda cute."
      "Cheeky," he smirked.
      "What?"
      "You're flirting!" he pointed me and chuckled.
      "Hey," I defended. "Every girl is allowed to tell any boy that he's cute!"
      "Now, that’s a real compliment."
      We both laughed.
      I stepped closer to him and said, "I was wrong about you, Niall. You're nice and it would be great if we'll be friends."
      He rolled his eyes, "now that's flirting."
      I slapped his shoulder.
      "Aw!" he held the shoulder that I slapped, "you're too defensive."
      "Dad taught me to be defensive," I turned around and sighed, "He's too over-protective, especially to me. I don’t even know why."
      I cried.
      "Hey," Niall tapped my shoulder. "You okay?"
      I couldn’t help myself I suddenly hugged him. I heard him gasped but he hugged back.
      "Niall, is it okay to hug you?"
      "Uh-huh."
      "But don’t consider it as flirting. I just need someone."
      “To flirt with?"
      I laughed softly, "Oh, shut up."
      I hugged him tighter.
      "How long is this hugging thing?"
      "Sorry," I stopped, letting him go and smiled.
      He smiled back and handed me a handkerchief he took from his jeans' pocket, "stop crying, okay? Crying makes you ugly."
      I chuckled, "Gentleman, eh?"
      He suddenly took my hand and placed then handkerchief over my palm, "Yes, I am."
      I gazed at his eyes. They were blue like the ocean, like Poseidon's. His eyes are stunning. Woah! Did I just mention that? I just can’t stop looking at his eyes.
      "Do you want to wipe your tears or not?" he interrupted my thoughts, "Stop staring at me! You're not focused on what you're doing!"
      I bit my lower lip, red streaks suddenly appeared on my cheeks. I was embarrassed. He noticed that I was looking at him. I was speechless.
      "Well," he suddenly grabbed the handkerchief from my hand and started wiping my tears. It made me blush even more.
      I removed his hand from my face, "You don’t have to do that."
      "But admit it," he smirked, "you liked it."
      I just laughed, like there is no tomorrow.
      "I didn’t know that a girl can laugh like that!"
      "Now you know," I stucked my tongue out.